Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastin View Post
    I really like the idea of giving the player a bit of bonus RP for all the great work he is doing on the recaps.
    I posted it as you suggested Andrew: it's under the discussion tab under campaigns.
    Whups, not quite what I meant, sorry for being unclear - I moved your stuff to its own page, and hit the DT tab on one of those and removed the hits on the main page's discussion tab

Hopefully it's ok, I made a mess of the titles and am too tired to figure out what I'm doing wrong when I try to fix it. I had to guess your campaign name, hope its ok as "the liberation of Osoerde" - its under PNP campaigns.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't worry, Andrew. I think I've fixed it for you.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, only the main page out now - a capital "N" in PNP and superfluous "the" at the start which I shouldn't have put in the initial link.

It wouldn't move for me, I got the "same forum" message from deep thought.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It didn't move for me either. I just created new topics and set up redirects on the old ones.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

This is exactly the kind of thread I was hoping to find here, now that I've managed to wrangle my DnD group into letting me run a Birthright campaign. Of course, the catch was that I'd be running it off the 2nd edition ADnD rules, so after much whining, complaining about the vague writing style of 2nd ed rule books, and surprisingly little effort to actually make characters, I have my group set up. Since I wanted to run a short campaign for them, I started them off far above level 1, with 250,000 experience each, used as they saw fit (and I heavily encouraged dual and multi-classing). The end result was that one player went Thief/Mage, one player went Fighter/Mage, one player went Ranger/Cleric (multiclassed half elf), and one player is playing a bard. All in all, we haven't gotten to domain actions yet, I've been having them roleplay their way into winning the crown of Stjordvik (as per Varri offering the crown up in the 2nd ed source book Player's Secrets of Stjordvik).

So now that they finally decided on who is regent, who is running the guilds, laws, etc. I need to figure out a good way to run domain turns. Most likely we're just going to look at the rules for the domain turns and muddle our way through the first one, then pick it up from there, but I was hoping to find a world calculator domain calculator (or even a local one for the stjordvik area) so that I could simplify how much bookwork I have to do between player based turns.

To answer the question of this thread: I'm probably going to make my players roleplay their way through most if not all turns and domain actions. I'll likely establish a few npcs who keep them in the loop and act as messengers for their orders, then grow it from there.

I'll be sending a pm to AndrewTall about Bjorn's province & holdings tracking spreadsheet, but if anyone else knows of a good turn calculator, send me a pm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've sent Bjorn's sheet to you, but warn you that it follows his 3e rules (not 2e or BRCS) and is at turn 71...

I'm working on a "turn 1" version but its slow going

Well, something is better than nothing, and it's not like the players need to be particularly informed about what's going on between countries at a regent level before they are thrust into the middle of things. I've already made additional stuff up for them to do, having the realms around them be in states a little bit different from the baseline indicated in the books isn't likely to mess with anything all that much. I mean, one character is running from the khinasi because he wouldn't take his vows of magery when he completed his apprenticeship, one character stole his family's stuff and ran off to go be a roguish individual, one of them was just wandering around the giant downs for the past like, 10 years killing orogs and leading a band of those faithful to cuiracen (or whatever the spelling is). And then the bard was tracking down his brother, who was killing orogs in the giant downs. So none of the players are going to be That well informed about the high level state of affairs (and I'll be providing them with their first information soon, through rumors, messengers, and the like) so that they can get to figuring out what to do for their first domain action(s). I'm thinking maybe I should make a thread about the campaign I'm running just for anyone interested in following along it's progress.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    I'm thinking maybe I should make a thread about the campaign I'm running just for anyone interested in following along it's progress.
    I generally like reading about other people's campaigns, although in the hope that they post npc's, items, and so on as well I generally hope that they'll do it by adding a campaign page to the wiki and then dropping in links to the other pages.

Hint hint

I'll keep working on the turn 1 spreadsheet and send it to you when it's done. Do you only want the Rjurik / Rjurik + neighbouring borders?

The only places I can think of that I really need it for are Stjordvik and the provinces that directly border it (so the blood skull barony, parts of Dhoesone, and the parts of Rjuvik that border it). Anything beyond that is just nice to have because I could look them over with each turn to see if anything major is going on that would spread via bard-news networks. Because that's how I imagine the news gets from place to place, bards wandering around and telling people about what's going on in other places.

Thread Information