General Question, Please Help (MAC)

I have a macbook pro (I know it sucks). Anyway, I remember playing birthright: gorgons alliance and wanted to know where I could get this game and if it will even be able to play on my macbook, or if it would be worth it to configure it. Thanks in advance, -sprin

There appear to still be copies available on eBay. The game should run on Mac in DOSBox.

DOSBox is used by commercially sold games, so it should work well enough on a Mac.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to do any modding unless you're running it in Windows, as I understand.

Hope that helps!

Awesome, I'm DL'ing dosbox and Birthright now. I'll make a run at it and if I cant figure it out im sure ill be back. Thanks man!

Alright guys I have dosbox and am able to mount and get to my files. I have ran install already but there are so many .exe files I dont know which one to run to actually play the game?

Sorry to reply so late. I wasn't near my DOSBox installation to answer earlier.

These are the commands that I use to run Birthright in DOSBox Portable. I believe I used the default installation directory during the Birthright install, but the other things may be different for your install.

MOUNT C .\..\..\Data\harddrive >nul
    IMGMOUNT F .\..\..\Data\cddrives\birthright.iso -t iso
    C:
    CD SIERRA\BIRTHRT
    BR
    EXIT

Those commands mount my two drives, run the game and then exit DOSBox when I'm done. I put this into a custom .conf file for the game and created a shortcut to DOSBox.exe -conf "..\..\Data\utilities\confs\birthrt.conf" -noconsole. That way I have shortcuts for each of my games and don't have to mess with the commands all the time.

Thread Information