Hybrid View

The mhor/dautoa questions.

Why is the mhor a ranger?I cant figure this out.Why did the birthright designers make him a ranger?

I mean in 2nd ed rangers get RP from guilds only.

The mhor,a level 7 ranger,has no guilds.

Therefore he only gets RP from the provinces he controls.

This seems borderline stupid to me?

Same thing with dauota.Paladin?No temple under his control?Erm....what?

Im fairly surprised they didnt make the regent of brosengae a priest(ooh look all those guilds and no RPs!) or Isalie a thief.

As an experiment on how screwed up these realms are,try playing doing those examples above.....playing isalie as a thief,brosengae as a priest,diemed as a wizard,etc,etc,all under 2nd ed rules of RP collection.

In 2nd edition Birthright, all members of the warrior class collect full RP for law holdings. Fighters, paladins, and rangers are all warrior sub-classes. So, as a ranger, the Mhor collects full RP for each province, full RP for each law holding and half RP for each guild holding.

Thats not what it says in my copy of the rulebook.It clearly says rangers under guilds only.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Questions right. I'm looking at my Dm's screen right now and it says Guild only. But i would probably let Rangers have half Law as well.

Doesn't the right up of Mhoried say "The Mhor doesn't like using Law holdings against his people. He uses the Regency from his Law Holdings and other Ventures to repel those who would gain law here."

Personally i think they made a typo and Mhoried is SUPPOSED to be a Fighter.

Manty

Its interesting to note that the BR computer game has the mhor listed as a fighter(although elinie is still listed as paladins,making that realm nearly impossible to play with next to no regency).Considering that the game is almost identitcal to the TT version,that might be an indication that it really is a typo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Page 41 of the original BR rulebook states (Table 14):

-All classes collect full regency from Provinces.

-Warriors (fighters, rangers, and paladins) collect full regency from Law Holdings.

-Rangers collect full regency from Guild Holdings.

So the Mhor as a ranger would receive full regency from his land, law, and guilds.

Ironically, this makes rangers more potentially powerful (or at least diverse) than fighter regents.

Paladins are also potentially more powerful, receiving full regency from land, law, and temple holdings.

IMO rangers should have only received 1/2 RP from law and guilds (and paldins only 1/2 RP from temples) in order to keep them more balanced with Fighters and to better symbolize their unsuitability as regents, I mean, rangers aren't exactly typified as "people-persons", nor as great proponents of law and order. Call me crazy, but that's my take on the issue.

Thread Information