Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Those should be simple enough to fix. If I have time will also try and neaten up some of the background masks for the country name masks.

And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Silmaril.SE View Post
    We wanted a hi resolution map of Cerilia, but couldn't find any, so I recreated it from scratch - using a low resolution version as a base for accuracy. I've tried to keep it as true to the originals as possible, but with this many provinces, and places, I have no doubt there are some spelling mistakes and omissions.

If anyone spots any, let me know and I'll fix them!

Update Oct 24th 2020: Have removed old links and added V1.13 Jpeg and PSB
    Version 1.13
    -Fixed missing province, added scale image cleaned up some layers.

Photoshop PSB zip here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fO-...ew?usp=sharing
    (1.6 GB)
    Jpeg (27417*18023) zip here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujX...ew?usp=sharing (360Mb)

The full map is a 350Mb jpg at 27400x18000.

I can try and make the photoshop file available if any one wants it. I've tried to layer everything as much as I can to make it easy to change things to fit individual games. The only thing is, photoshop file is around the 5Gb mark!

Here's a 5% res version to give you an idea.

Now if only we could get this in editable format so we can adjust province/source ratings that would be a Godsend. One can dream. Awesome map!

Hello! First of all an immense thank you for all the work you've put into this map.

I am trying to make a few alterations for a game that is starting up and have run into an issue. I see you have shown the forets by having a North and South layer, and respective masks over them. But when I import the PSB it only shows the South one. For the north, it seems as if the (seperate?) pixel layer does not show.

I am using Affinity but I have not had this issue with a PSB file before (in my rare work). Admittedly I have not worked with anything like this in a long time, but to me it seems as if it is simply not loading.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Athrasis.

Glad you like the map!

Not familiar with Affinity, and to be honest, its been a looooong while since I've looked at the map. It seems that the Northern forests were done in a different way to the southern. They're a pattern fill with a mask, instead of a pixel layer (I was learning and trying a lot of different things at the time!), and I'm guessing that's what Affinity is having an issue with.

I've uploaded the pattern (link here) See if you can get anywhere with that. If not, I'll see about converting it to a pixel layer, and uploading a 1.14 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmaril.SE View Post
    Hi Athrasis.

Glad you like the map!

Not familiar with Affinity, and to be honest, its been a looooong while since I've looked at the map. It seems that the Northern forests were done in a different way to the southern. They're a pattern fill with a mask, instead of a pixel layer (I was learning and trying a lot of different things at the time!), and I'm guessing that's what Affinity is having an issue with.

I've uploaded the pattern (link here) See if you can get anywhere with that. If not, I'll see about converting it to a pixel layer, and uploading a 1.14 version.
    Aha! That explains the difference, and yes, very likely what Affinity will have the issue with on the import. I have been trying to see how you did things this weekend, picking apart the layers. It seemed to me that you were experimenting as you went, which was actually good for me as I have not touched PS or Illustrator in a long time. It gets me discovering again.

And figuring out how Affinity works as well. It is a one time pay suite with three options right now: photo/design/publisher. For photos I am also trying Luminar (which is absolutely amazing in ease of use, with the AI assistance.)
    With Affinity Photo or Affinity Design, opening the PSB took about 5 minutes. But now I have resaved it to Affinity's own extension it takes 6 seconds and the file size is 1.9GB instead of 3.5GB+

On the map, I am making a Editable PDF for a Rjurik Highlands game. I decided to not use the southern trees and some of the colouring to cover them either, as I wanted to continue.
    As the province names and levels were all one pixel layer, I had to remove that one and I manually placed all the province names in the Highlands, and grouped them per kingdom. Perhaps at a later date I can continue with the rest, but it's a huge continent.

You are véry welcome for the pattern, I will try and apply it to my main file and see it it works! That will be good for future use, or if I make a 2.0. (As I júst finished placing all the editable spots.)

I very much appreciate all the work you put into the original file!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Athrasis; 08-09-2021 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athrasis View Post
    I very much appreciate all the work you put into the original file!
    No probs! It was actually a lot of fun to do. There's still a lot that could be improved, but don't really have the time any more - and I think I've forgotten over half of what I did.

In case you were wondering, the font to use is Minister Std Book, which you should be able to find for free with a google search.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I do keep an eye on this thread.

Thread Information