Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Silmaril.SE View Post
    We wanted a hi resolution map of Cerilia, but couldn't find any, so I recreated it from scratch - using a low resolution version as a base for accuracy. I've tried to keep it as true to the originals as possible, but with this many provinces, and places, I have no doubt there are some spelling mistakes and omissions.
    Dear sir, I was looking for a good, large Cerilia map, large enough to print large, but I wasn't prepared for this much awesomeness. This is the biggest and sharpest map of any RPG world out there. Birthright certainly deserves the treatment, but I raise my glass to you. Your work rocks!
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 11-23-2016 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Wall-of-text quote

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the corrections.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goody goody GOODY!!!!

Downloading the new version now! Any way to get the PS version? I'd really like to have it for games so we can rename stuff now that I have a computer that I'm pretty sure can open it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy of Photoshop.

Speaking of, what version of PS did you use in the latest creation so I wont' have issues opening it?
    --Give me ambiguity or give me something else!--

Downloads
    Uploads
    Edit: Found a few more
    Edit 2: Found interesting information

So I combed over the new version (rather quickly I have to admit) and only found a few errors and issues. Here is the complete list of 9 errors and 3 legibility issues ... drastically fewer than 123 lol.

LLuabraight - Sidehebryn R. - Sidhebyrn R.
    Alamie - River Maeid - River Maesil
    Ilien - Adlelq R. - Adele R.
    Khourane - South Ibnahoume - South Ibnoume
    Rhuannauch - the Garradhhalach - the Garradhalach
    the Siren - Port Helen - is an island [1]
    the Siren - unnamed southern isle - Gigha 2/5
    the Siren - unnamed southern forested isle - Dantier Island 1/6
    Hjolvar - unammed northern isle - Svinov Island 1/6

[1] See this link.

The following are difficult to read and need better/different blurred colors on the background on all or part of the name or just need their position on the map adjusted a bit.

Sword Rust Tribes (especially the "s" in sword)
    Yeninskiy - city of Vstaive - straddles a province border making it difficult to read
    Merasaf (especially the "f")

Things I would like to see added are a legend and a scale. While your map doesn't exactly scale with the released cannon, it does so well enough that I think I calculated that if you travel lengthwise as the crow flies from one shore to the other (tip of the Siren's peninsula to eastern isle of Zoloskaya) you are off by less than 10 miles and the total distance is roughly 1400 miles. Losing 1 mile for every 140 ain't shabby.. and that is if I got the scale right which it is totally possible I didn't.

Finally and most importantly thank you so so much for all the work that went into this map! It is amazing and I'm so glad you came back to go through all the errors found to make it better. It is a wonderful resource that has been and will be used.
    Last edited by nickgreyden; 12-05-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreyden View Post
    Here is the complete list of 5 errors and 3 legibility issues ...

The following are difficult to read ...

Things I would like to see added are a legend and a scale.
    In case Silmaril is out of time, those can be done easily over the large jpg. Not ideal, but should stand with minimal loss until he returns. All I need to know is what font was used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed, the work he has done has made this map the one of choice for me. I will continue to update my above post if I find more wrong (as I just have) but most of what I've found is more annoyance than anything else. What I'd like to see and legibility issues are minor inconveniences at most. The unnamed stuff is, by far, the biggest concern for me :-)

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really excellent work. Thanks much for the contribution!

-Fizz

Think I've made those corrections. Couldn't find a good solution to the legibility of Vstaive, so moved the name. Not in keeping with the original, but I think thats okay in this situation.

As for the other questions from you nickgreyden and evilRafael:

The font I'm using is called Minister Std. You should be able to find it for free with some googling. Don't think its the official Birthright font, but the closest I could find for free, and damn near identical.

Latest version is saved in PS Creative Commons 2017, I haven't saved it in max compatability as it makes the file over 4Gb.

Performance wise, to give you an idea, I'm running an I7 6400K with 32Gb of Ram and a 950 pro SSD, and performance with the map is sluggish at best! This is probably because I don't really know what I'm doing with Photoshop, but at least it works!

New uploads here and also in the original post:

Version 1.12

Photoshop PSB zip here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...19felpqak1OdHM (1 GB)
    Jpeg (27417*18023) zip here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...mVwTDlfMkh0VUE (360Mb)
    Last edited by Silmaril.SE; 01-02-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Was wrong about something!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty sweet. Downloading the newest version now. Sounds like I'm running the same setup as you with a GTX 1070 for the video card so hopefully I can get it open. Curious what version of Photoshop you are using?

Thanks for the updated map though. It is great you continue to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by nickgreyden View Post
    Curious what version of Photoshop you are using?
    Did I forget to say? its the latest creative commons version, 2017. I'm just happy its still getting some interest after all this time!

Also, would like to say that this is completely open. I have no problems with anyone using it for anything in any way they wish. Attributing would be nice, but by no means needed

Thread Information