Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gortlock
    Any progress report? I would love to have an automated Br db aid!
    Current Progress: Limbo...

I did pull it up, clean it a little and compile it if anyone wants to take a look. I'm not sure how helpful it would be in the current state.

1st: Install the .net framework
    http://www.bluntaxe.com/files/BR/dotnetframework.zip 19.9MB (you might want to pull this directly from Microsoft or some other faster server).

2nd: Install the program
    http://www.bluntaxe.com/files/BR/Setup_BR.zip 5.8MB

Another guy and myself from my group are working on something along these lines, though at the moment it's a rich client rather than a web application we're building (selfishly, we're making it for our own tabletop game rather than the benefit of the masses).

I don't have anything ready to go for this in particular, but I do have 3 utilities I wrote that might be of interest:
    • EGen, an "encounter generator". You plug in the EL you want and the terrain you want, and it will spit out an encounter for you. It "knows" about all monsters in MM1-3 and the Fiend Folio at present, and all generated encounters are "legal" in the sense that they conform to what the Organisation entries for each monster say (for example, a monster listed as "Solitary" will only ever be encountered alone via EGen). It's mostly for random encounters. The generated encounter will give you the number and name of the monster, the CR, and also the source and page number.
    • NGen, a "nation generator". You give this tool a population size and a breakdown of the commonality of various races, and it will spit out a list of every single person in that population by class and level (it doesn't name them or anything; you'll get results such as "1059 1st level elven commoners" and the like). It generates this by default using the DMG suggestions for city generation, although it also has a couple of standard alternatives and can be fairly easily reconfigured for other situations.
    • TGen, a "treasure generator". Feed it an encounter level, and it will roll up the treasure for that encounter. This isn't really complete; it doesn't know about every single wondrous item, for example, although it is capable of generating weapons and armour and (I think) scrolls and potions; it defaults to just saying that there are X medium wondrous items or something similar. When I get around to finishing that off (fundamentally it's just a case of data entry from here) it should probably be integrated into EGen.

I'm pretty sure publishing these violates WotC copyright, but if you are interested in any of them give me a PM and I'll package them up for you.

Thread Information