A new software & database for pbem

Hello,
    I wrote a java program and used an Access database to manage birthright games.
    Since it seems that the french community is reduced I'm wondering if english-speaking community would be interrested to use it.
    In such case I would need to write a short wiki document to explain what it is doing actually what can be configured.
    If somebody is really interested is will translate labels on the Access screens and output files (eg the soft writes htm files listing all actions and provinces and player summary after each turn is completed but some of the stuff is written in french)

Just let me know

FYI: I've included many features that you are probably not using so only for this program.
    eg battle resolution using unit bowskill, weaponskill, defenceskill, including special bloodpowers and magic items that a regent could have, teir bodygards if they have, taking care of landscape an units types (eg mounted or shooter units have lower values when in forest and so on).

The software can be improve of course but there are areas I really don't plan to rewrite
    Last edited by thrakkazz; 01-23-2013 at 04:44 AM.
    Un pour le Seigneur des Ténèbres sur son sombre trône
    Dans le Pays de Mordor où s'étendent les Ombres.

Un Anneau pour les gouverner tous, Un Anneau pour les trouver,
    Un Anneau pour les amener tous et dans les ténèbres les lier
    Au Pays de Mordor où s'étendent les Ombres.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm always interested in checking software management tools for Birthright, it's great to see what ideas or what directions every creator has taken for their programs

Downloads
    Uploads
    oui!!
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

The software you wrote

Quote Originally Posted by thrakkazz View Post
    Hello,
    I wrote a java program and used an Access database to manage birthright games.
    Since it seems that the french community is reduced I'm wondering if english-speaking community would be interrested to use it.
    In such case I would need to write a short wiki document to explain what it is doing actually what can be configured.
    If somebody is really interested is will translate labels on the Access screens and output files (eg the soft writes htm files listing all actions and provinces and player summary after each turn is completed but some of the stuff is written in french)

Just let me know

FYI: I've included many features that you are probably not using so only for this program.
    eg battle resolution using unit bowskill, weaponskill, defenceskill, including special bloodpowers and magic items that a regent could have, teir bodygards if they have, taking care of landscape an units types (eg mounted or shooter units have lower values when in forest and so on).

The software can be improve of course but there are areas I really don't plan to rewrite
    Could I get your program? I´m actually writing some sort of aid program that could actually help me when I play, and I could appreciate any help.

Hi Biggles, if you want you can the one I just finished. It's still in beta (needs to be tested a lot before I can be sure it's bug free) but I am sure it can give you a lot of ideas. There is a user guide as well in the wiki folder under the files menu.

Just type "birthright" on the SourceForge website.

Cheers,
    Blaede

Thread Information