In Chapter 6, bottom of page 3 and top of page 4, is a section on unit armor. It reads:

Unit armor

The quality of armor and training in its use is a major factor in the mobility and survivability of a unit. Armor provides a defensive bonus, at the cost of mobility and the freedom to effectively wield missile weapons. A unit whose modified missile rating (due to armor) is below +0 loses the ability to make a ranged attack. All units must have one of the following armor ratings:

None: The unit is not provided with armor. Unit modifier: defense 10, muster cost +0 GB.

Light (Lt): The unit is equipped with light armor, such as leather armor. Unit modifier: defense 12, +0.5 GB muster cost.

Medium (Md): The unit is equipped with medium armor, such as chain mail. Unit modifier: defense 14, -2 missile, -1 move, +0.5 GB muster cost.

Heavy (Hv): The unit is equipped with heavy armor, such as half-plate. Unit modifier: defense 16, -4 missile, -2 move, +1.5 GB muster cost. Special: Heavy cavalry units gain an additional +2 attack bonus when charging.

I think I understand the reasoning behind this, but I must argue a point.

None and light armor - just fine, no problems.

Medium armor reduces missile rating? Chainmail, scale mail, hide and breastplate should have no effect on shooting a missile weapon. If you are thinking these are restrictive armors and thus can't manipulate a weapon as easily, I disagree. Each of these has a max dex of +2 or greater. Slowing down a unit, yes - they are heavier. Costing more - yes, absolutely. In fact, I'd say make med armor cost +1 GB base instead of .5 GB to complete the progression of .5, 1 and 1.5.

Heavy armor certainly reduces missile rating - those are big, bulky, full body armors.

I suggest med armor has no effect on missile, and heavy armor has a -2 missile. I like the speed reductions as they are. Make med armor cost +1 GB.

Any comments?