Downloads
    Uploads

Future of Birthright campaign

But that means Birthright upgrade to 4 or to upcoming D&D version will be impossible because WOTC want Birthright to be frozen to the uncomplete state they released years ago?
    Last edited by Arius Vistoon; 01-06-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: i move this post here because it's not speaking about the original topic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i don't know.

I just know, hasbro is a big compagny with lot of process and i think they wait the "good" time to think about this.

Don't forget, for them, OGL (for free) was very bad (in financial term). They don't want do the same "mistake". This "good" time don't come before D&D next will be out (AND be a success).

Something it's sure, now, all thing that are no d&d next, are frozen

Downloads
    Uploads
    My understanding is that we are now simply a fan site with no official status. Previously we were required to upgrade to any new system, had various restraints on what we could / couldn't do with the characters, items, etc but in return we co-owned any IP created.

If we want to convert to new D&D systems - or any other system - we can, just like anyone else can, we simply can't make any fiscal gain from their intellectual property either directly (trying to sell a 5e BR system) or indirectly (adverts on the site that piggyback off the BR setting).

Which is fine as we aren't in it for the money and the costs aren't much.

As long as we don't compete with WOTC, or try to copy 'n' paste chunks of rule books and the like we should be fine with a conversion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    imo br.net still is the official website for birthright..untill we have official notice of being otherwise...
    but they do have to find some one else to sign the contract since i asked the wotc lawyer to terminate mine.

I think if you stay within wotc borders.. there will be no problem.
    If BRnet were to switch to primarily to pathfinder then they might have some issues.. but even that i do doubt at the moment..
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjan View Post
    but they do have to find some one else to sign the contract since i asked the wotc lawyer to terminate mine.
    need or needn't to found someone else ? it's interesting to continue the contract ?

Other routes?

Maybe the community could think about the possibility of crowdfunding a Birthright project. I don't think it would be bad received. Also, as Game of Thrones is making a huge success, maybe the Birthright campaign, due to the similarity between the scenarios, could even draw the attention of a new public.

What do you think about it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigaia View Post
    Maybe the community could think about the possibility of crowdfunding a Birthright project. I don't think it would be bad received. Also, as Game of Thrones is making a huge success, maybe the Birthright campaign, due to the similarity between the scenarios, could even draw the attention of a new public.

What do you think about it?
    even this i discussed with WotC.. the problem is we are working with a licensed/trade marked product owned by hasbro.

the only way to do this is if we or some one owns the full right or license to the birthright
    brand. In the past people have tried to acquire this but WotC never wanted to let it go.. but didnt want to do anything with it either...

any way, nothing has changed, wotc is not cooperative in this matter.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Future of Birthright campaign [18#28249]

Ultimately, it would need an owner and organizer…a Kickstarter around that would be extremely cool!

On Jan 7, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Arjan <brnetboard@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at:
    > http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=28249
    >
    > Arjan wrote:
    > ------------ QUOTE ----------
    > Maybe the community could think about the possibility of crowdfunding a Birthright project. I don`t think it would be bad received. Also, as Game of Thrones is making a huge success, maybe the Birthright campaign, due to the similarity between the scenarios, could even draw the attention of a new public.
    >
    >
    >
    > What do you think about it?
    > -----------------------------
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > even this i discussed with WotC.. the problem is we are working with a licensed/trade marked product owned by hasbro.
    >
    >
    >
    > the only way to do this is if we or some one owns the full right or license to the birthright
    >
    > brand. In the past people have tried to acquire this but WotC never wanted to let it go.. but didnt want to do anything with it either...
    >
    >
    >
    > any way, nothing has changed, wotc is not cooperative in this matter.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thread Information