Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is really a sad day.

Thanks for all the effort and hard work you did. Let us know if you think to take down birthright.net we will find a way to keep it alive.

For WOTC it is history repeating itself, it feels the same way as when TSR went down, about a year or 2 before they went bankrupt they got a lot of product on the market and they decide not to respect what the community wanted. I understand that they need to make money, but dnd is such a loyal and specific community.

I am mad at a none responsive company, we are in the 21st century, people like to be heard and respected.
    Last edited by Dyark; 01-05-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all of your efforts, Arjan.
    d'estre bons et leaulx amis et vrais ensemble et de servir l'un 'autre envers et contre tous

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not go quiet into that good night! But then you have raged against the dying of the light and WotC has tried to snuff it out. I have not been an active participant on this site, having lost my Birthright group long ago, but I love it and deeply appreciate all the work you've done for it.

Thank you, and all the best
    Running from every Awnshegh I can find...ummm maybe I should rephrase that...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not hugely surprised that WOTC aren't interested, everything for BR has been done by the fans for a long time.

You've done a huge amount for the site for a long time and have my sincere thanks, I'd hope that you stay involved but understand your feelings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Arjan for all your efforts at making the Birthright setting even more viable than TSR/WotC ever made it. It is a pity that their approach to fans and 'official' fansites has changed. Thank you for allowing to us to continually work on bringing together the work from source publications and fan developments in a way that is manageble and flexible, like all good RPG games should be.

Thanks to everyone who has helped through the years in working with WotC. Hopefully Birthright as such will still continue to be developed by us even if we no longer have the sanction we used to have.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Arjan. The effort you have put on this through the years has been tremendous and I remember all the efforts you and the others had to put especially every time the site, wiki, forum providers, web tools, etc. were updated.

This setting has always been my favorite D&D setting since it first came out in the 90's and this is indeed sad news both on the loss of our "blessing" from WotC and of your departure.

I wish you all the best and thanks again.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter

Special Guest (Donor) Lifesbane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much Arjan for all that you have done over the years.

If the admin team need anything to keep the site running please let us know.
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 01-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.

You've put a lot of effort into maintaining this site over the years, and its tragic to see that undermined.

I have certainly appreciated your dedication in keeping Birthright alive, for all fans of the setting, even though I may not have written so as often as I should have.

I do hope you manage to rekindle your enthusiasm, and can keep this site going in a viable form.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to hear that, Arjan. Birthright has been a lost setting for a long while, but it is a shame to have that repeatedly confirmed. You've been great all this time!

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Arjan,

I am sorry that you are going through a much undeserved tribulation. You have provided for our community and deserve your passion to be recognized. I'm certain that we here the community appreciate you. After all, we are yours. It is your dedication that has kept us together at this meeting place. Thank you sir.

My hope is that when the burn of this disappointing fiasco that has caused you such grief subsides, you will once again have fun with this world of dreams and create and conquer and defend against the encroachment of your foes.

In the words of my current passion the character Drago Malik in the Eastern Marches game DMed by Juan the Ninja Master DM:

"If they leave it behind, take it! Make it yours and do with it what you will! If they come back looking for it, then cut the throats of their soldiers, bloodtheft their lords, and have your way with their women! When they run and hide behind their walls of stone know that you and your people are free to walk the land and call it home like the wolves of the north. No lord or god controls our destiny it is ours to choose!"
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Thread Information