Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Live and let die...

Hi all,
    recently I attempted to renew contact with wotc (as we used to have due to our contract with them).

I felt kind motivated to do so with the upcoming D&D Next, feeling it might give the setting a nice boost again.

But they have declined the offer to restore any form of contact between them and us.

I took my conclusions and my motivation to keep this site and setting alive went down the drain.

I hereby quit as webmaster of birthright.net

Its been a nice 12 year ride, met some wonderful people.
    thank you all! and take care of yourself!

Arjan

note: I am not shutting down the site.. the site is not mine, its always been the community who owns it.
    I am merely stepping down as its maintainer.
    Last edited by Arjan; 01-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is indeed bad news. Your efforts, time and passion have been truly appreciated by myself and I can assure you from all of us here in the community.

You have created here an invaluable asset for me as a long serving GM of the Birthright world. One that is a haven for us who love this wonderful world.

For my part I wish to thank you for your hard work and passion over the years, and wish you the very best in the future.

The Chamberlain
    The Anuirean Empire will rise again........

Best wishes in the future. Thank you for maintaining this as long as you have. I hope that the resources and archives will remain available. If the cost of hosting in time or money ever gets to be too much, please send out a message again. Although I wouldn't be able to do updates, I know that I and others would happily keep the site up in its present form, at the least.

Thank you for your efforts. I lost faith in WoTC after 3.5.

I have been an active supporter of D&D for 28 years and have learned to love the gamers but only give patronage to the companies and products that I enjoy and have faith in.

I hope your passion will rekindle with time. Please continue to make this site available to us... if you ever plan on shutting it down please give ample time for the community to be able to propose an alternate or buy the domain from you...

Downloads
    Uploads
    in "happy new year", there are the word "happy" but it's a bad new (for us).

however, I undestand. i also contact Wotc at the beginning of the d&d next (the same topic but not only for birthright ; for planescape campaign too) and the answer was the same as you.

Because, your are the pillar and the light of this website, i/we hope you can change your mind. So let's us known if we can do something to help you to stay here.

I wish to say you thanks for alll your job do here (visible and invisible for all of us) and for your personality.

Arius Vistoon

Downloads
    Uploads

Gorgon has won

Thank you for everything Arjan. All the best. This is dark hour for Birthright community.
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you

Thank you for everything you've done. I may not be active but Birthright will always have a special place in my mind. As does the community that has done so much to keep Birthright growing and evolving.
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Lancelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is bull!

Good luck to you Arjan!

It is sad that WOTC apparently has no desire to give longtime D&D supporters the least bit of respect. This is truly outrageous!

Is there a petition somewhere that we can sign? Is there any action being taken to let these fools know that they have alienated a significant number of their supporters?

I was going to give D&D Next a shot, (stopped buying their stuff when 3E came out) but now I don’t think I will bother!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers all!

trust me i really have tried.. i got an endless email conversation with their lawyer and several brand managers trying to make my point and trying to let them see the value and even benefits for sustaining contact in combi with D&D next..

but they simply turned me down.. multiple times.

This really hurts my heart and feelings especially after what we have accomplished as a community after 12 years that i have to make a decision like this.. its like saying your last goodbye to your 12 year old kid....

i am afraid petitions would not help.. as it has never helped in the past.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A dark hour, indeed.

As others have said, I would like to thank Arjan for his dedication to the site for over a decade, during which time we've passed through multiple D&D editions, the BRCS, a wiki, and much more. This is certainly far more dedication and patience than I could ever hope to muster, and its helped keep the community and the hobby alive.

The state of WOTC and its relationship with the fans is pretty bad these days; as bad as I've seen it since the late days of TSR. I read some interesting stuff when D&D Next was first announced about structural changes in the RPG market and the way Hasbro handles its various divisions, and I think a lot of the problem stems from those facts. But this is not the time to discuss that.

I don't hang out here enough to stay abreast of who all is on the admin team, but if y'all need assistance, I would be more than happy to help, although my skills at maintaining a website this complex are pretty much non-existent.

Anyway, thanks again to Arjan!

Thread Information