Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Special Guest (Donor) DarkApple's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting this

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a good a place as any to mention that I am also using BR as a background (only) for another game I am running. I've been running a 2e game for my son and his friends, using good ol' Keep on the Borderlands. I wanted to get them a game that was simple to start up (no feat selections, much less involved in char-gen) and faster-playing than 4e or 3.5/PF.

It's been fun, over half a dozen sessions with almost a different batch of players half the time.

The BR element has been mostly for me to keep the geography and NPCs straight in my head. I set the Keep up as Torien's Watch, the fortification at the northwestern corner of Mhoried. Across the river is the Five Peaks and to the north is Cariele and Tuarhievel. The infamous Caves of Chaos are goblins, etc., infiltrating from Five Peaks, under the influence of an evil cult that I haven't defined yet-- likely Cold Rider followers or perhaps agents of the Gorgon.

Last Saturday was my son's 16th birthday, and the party's main event was gaming. One boy ran 4e for several hours (I struggled to help out the handful of kids who'd never played that; I never spent the time to really learn that system), and I followed with 3 hours of this 2e game. There was fun, there were scary moments, they survived a trio of 4HD monsters while at 1st level (my dice were most merciful!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds fun, nice to hear that the next generation is coming thru'!

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh, yeah, I could be updating this...

We finished the Kingmaker campaign on New Year's Eve ("Vosmas"). The party was all the way up to 16th level, to take on the CR20 faerie queen who was trying to a) return from her Shadow World prison, and b) take over their realm. Many weird critters were fought, a few character deaths (yay for the Breath of Life spell), and victory was enjoyed by all.

I hope to assemble something for our wiki here, and insert it as optional, for the now-populated Mistmoor.

On the other front:
    The game with the kids got to 10 sessions or so before there was a breakup (3 players were my son's girlfriend, her brother, and her best friend), so that's not happening anymore. I might pick it up someday, with a reduced group.

Thread Information