Downloads
    Uploads

Crusader Kings 2 mod

Hi, everyone. I've started working on a Birthright mod for Crusader Kings 2. The idea is to cover the whole Cerilia plus Mieres while basing the character info on canon sources first and the wiki and unofficial sources second.

I've done all the land provinces on the colour map (which defines where provinces are located) and also all the Anuirean Southern Coast and Western Coast characters. All the cultures, religions, titles, traits and everything else needed for those characters is also in place.

I'm about to proceed with adding sea provinces to the province map and making the terrain map. With those complete and all the characters defined, it should be possible to start the mod, albeit without CoAs, rivers, trees and relief. The sea provinces should take a day or two and terrain map should be fast as well since I'm hoping to convert my M&B colour map of Cerilia which I made a long time ago. However, defining the characters is proving to be an immense amount of work. Even with going into less depth with non-Anuirean dynasties, it could take me a month or more to complete the whole Cerilia, and there still a lot of other graphical and scripting work to do. With that in mind, I have no choice but to ask for help from anyone who is interested in contributing. I would especially appreciate help with graphical editing since I feel much more comfortable editing text files. At the very least, the mod needs CoAs for each province and realm, and also trees and rivers defined for the map. It could also use portraits for characters (at least the major ones or the new components for non-humans) and textures for non-human units.

Here's some design choices I've made about the mod.

Cultures: Human Five Tribes plus non-human races of Cerilia. Might implement Halfling as Jews but they would still have their own realm in the Barrows.

Religions: Groups are per culture with temple domains as churches. Elves have Agnostic religion in Elven group. Provinces belong to religion which has the most temple levels in the province, with preference for state religion if levels are equal.

Titles: Had to be altered to fit the game engine. None of the Empires exist at the moment, but they coincide with human Five Tribes. Might add some for non-humans with special conditions to create. For Anuire, Kingdoms are duchies, archduchies and principalities, Duchies are baronies and Counties stay counties. Barons become baronets. Other human regions not defined yet but title diversity for Brecht, Khinasi and Vos will have to be reduced. Current alteration include: Duchy of Aerenwe, Barony of Medoere, Barony of Mieres, Duchy of Boeruine, Barony of Talinie. Diemed is both a Barony, ruled by Heirl Diem, and Duchy which is vacant and made of Diemed, Medoere, Roesone, Ilien and Endier. Taeghas and Brosengae have both a Duchy and a Barony, with Duchies held by Darien Avan and Baronies by Harald Khorien and Eriene Mierelen as his vassals.

New Traits: Added new arcane educations plus a new Court Mage job. Will probably implement fighting and duel system from A Game of Thrones mod with addition of wizards and priests using their education traits and Learning instead of or in addition to Martial when fighting. Added bloodline and blood ability traits. Added equipment traits for magical equipment only. Some other traits are Awnshegh, Ehrshegh and Elfblood.

Calendar: Haelyn/Human Count is used. It has year numbers most similar to our own and allows defining some long dead characters without checking if the engine supports negative years.

Possible issues: Not sure if it will be possible to implement different ageing process for non-humans and infertility between races other than humans and elves.

That's about it. Any help is welcome. On my own, I don't think I will be able to finish it this year.
    Last edited by Nameless One; 11-09-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have time to help sadly, but any good resources for modding CK2? Just the Paradox forums? (someday I will do a Battletech mod )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, I have no computer skills but wish you the best - I'd see if you could cut the project down to one nation though to make it more manageable, I've started lots of projects on BR but not finished many of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nameless one...

This is music to my ears, I'd love to hear how you are getting on with this.

Have you a post on the CK2 forum? Link please.

BTW I'm a Team Artist in the Game of Thrones mod.
    Last edited by TheChamberlain; 11-12-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    The Anuirean Empire will rise again........

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This would of course be amazingly awesome in every way. What's the link to the design thread?

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Any word on how far this has gone. I would love to play it if its in a testable state.
    "The Light Grows Dim, Darkness seeps in the cracks."

Downloads
    Uploads
    How to implement different armies? New Paradox engine is terrible, more difficult to mod and with more hardcoded features while the old is more moddable (compare Darkest Hour with Hoi 3). Just for make an example, armies don't even have a speed value. You can just mod morale, maintenance, skirmish, melee, pursue.

This seems to have died - but I'm making a new one now

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...mp-D-*Take-II*

You'll need CK II registered to access the paradox modding forums though, but I have a functional map and a lot of other stuff all done within the last 10 days, so it's making quick progress.

Thread Information