Downloads
    Uploads

AnunA RPG - new project i am working on

Hey Guys,
    I have been cracking my brains the last couple of weeks to give form
    to the current campaign i am running. (D20 Modern for a change of scenery)

Since most campaign settings are viewed from the "bigger" picture.. (top -> down) description of landmarks, places, rulers etc.. i thought.. why dont i look from the inhabitants side (bottom -> up)

This way you have a basic setting with some spiffy ideas, but the DM is more freely to create his own world around it (like most house campaigns.. so why present it if they are going to modify it anyway to suit their campaign?)

I am since early days intrigued by the whole Annunaki myths (sumerian tablets)
    Whether or not i should incorporate the return of the anunakki which
    gives the campaign a futuristic V-like, Stargate kinda feel. (for some of my players a step to far..)

Since my players do like some Birthright elements i wanted to incorporate them. For example "Bloodline abilities" (explained later)

So i have written down a piece of text that could be used as an
    introduction to this setting i will be calling Anuna.

The last part of the document is kind of messy since my brain is
    exploding an i am in a hurry to pick up my mom from the aiport.. but i
    wanted it to be finished and send for review to you guys.

Could you take a look at it, hope you like it! And i am open for any kind of feedback

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Arjan; 10-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads

new version attached

Attached a new version of the word file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it that powers are mainly personal? So you could have charm aura (love me, I am wonderful) but not elemental summoning, enhanced ability or regeneration but not shadow walk?

Given the context powers would have to fairly primal in type (eat, mate, fight, run sort of thing) which cuts out the more supernatural sort of stuff but is in line with various genetically / cybernetically enhanced hero shows.

The return of aliens tends to have a two key flaws in my view. the first is "why", the second is "how do you resist someone with a hundred thousand year technological advantage?"

If you fragment the race, and have them come to earth for scientific or social reasons then it could work - perhaps they want to see how their creations have done and have competing ideas on where we should have got to, some perhaps even start encouraging our development in "the correct" direction - they don't care for power or wealth (anything they want they have), conquest (who conquers anthills?) they just want to move the terraforming of earth to the next stage... Even so you get the technological problem so I'd presume that the idea is that only a small number of them have returned and most activity is via human agents (who are given slightly more advanced stuff than the norm but not much, though they may have genetic, etc improvements).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    I take it that powers are mainly personal? So you could have charm aura (love me, I am wonderful) but not elemental summoning, enhanced ability or regeneration but not shadow walk?
    correct, this was my intentional thought, but it could always become more heroes like.. dont know yet.
    but i rather look at instincts more as coincidental powers instead of permanent powers. How did you do that? errr it just happened..

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    The return of aliens tends to have a two key flaws in my view. the first is "why", the second is "how do you resist someone with a hundred thousand year technological advantage?"
    Who said they ever left ;-)
    if you take the Annunaki myths and take the cross reference with the bible.
    "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..." "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." -- Genesis 1: 26-27

According Sitchin it was Enki who (with the critical assistance of his half-sister, Ninki, aka Nin-khursag) created Adam and Eve.

so we are all part "God" .. genetically.

Given this, and many many biblical (actually ALL holy scripts) references of "magical" and unexplainable powers the genes that are capable of doing such can be tucked away in our brain/DNA waiting to be unlocked. Powers that the Anunnaki stripped or blocked from our genes.. things like long-livity (abraham for example), cure disease (Jesus), calling upon the elements etc etc

there is a lot of theory crafting around this which makes it fun to play with and poor it into a "system" to use in a RPG.

In combination with conspiracy theories = fun
    for example Prieure de Sion, from which they say they protect the merovingian bloodline deriving straight from Jesus (who "was" an anunnaki).. why? whats so special about that bloodline.. they know! (ie birthrights true bloodline)
    Last edited by Arjan; 10-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This project seems interested. keep us with some news. I wish follow your project

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your document appears to have a blank first page and I think that if you're going to write in columns, you're going to have reduce the left and right margins so that the columns don't look like a pair of thin sticks.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Your document appears to have a blank first page and I think that if you're going to write in columns, you're going to have reduce the left and right margins so that the columns don't look like a pair of thin sticks.
    is it the logo img that disappears?
    what reader are you using?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using Open Office 3.3 (i.e. before the split) for my Word documents and Adobe Reader X for PDFs.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I'm using Open Office 3.3 (i.e. before the split) for my Word documents and Adobe Reader X for PDFs.
    ok will will try to remember that next time i post something, to post it in PDF.
    in my word 2007 (home) and word 2003 at work they just look normal.. no column sticks

Thread Information