Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone know how to use SCENED95 on W7? (Gorgon's Alliance - PC)

My power supply went out on my XP desktop, where I did my modding for this game. My question is how do you use SCENED95 in windows 7? Tried running in 16 bit, 16 bit Win95 compatibility, 32 bit of the same and regular 64 bit with the same results. Did windows 98 just to be sure also and I get the same error report : "00563a0f referenced memory at 00000010". Is there some dll I'm missing or something else?

Also the 1.3 and 1.4 update exe files on my computer are not readable, it says it needs a 32 bit or 64 bit version to load. I don't have a lot of time to mod this game atm, but if anyone could help. I could get back to updating GA and at least put out the left out factions into the game.

Also for those who can run SCENED95 and are having problems with my Gorgon's Campaign, save the game and load the save into SCENED95. There you can change/fix any problems (including the potential video/storyline errors). Any problems with that scenerio note me here, I should have my XP back up in a few months and be able to give better answers along with some new campaigns.
    Last edited by Morgul; 09-14-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: arg

In my experience, getting anything Gorgon's Alliance related running in Windows 7 didn't work. I'm guessing switching to DOSBox isn't an option, so I would use VirtualBox and install Windows XP into it.

Edit: I've put together installation instructions for Birthright on Windows 10 including multiplayer. They're available here: https://www.kiranwelle.com/birthright

This setup should work over VPN, but I haven't had a chance to test it.
    Last edited by Kami; 01-20-2021 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Updated with instructions for running on Windows 10

I got it to finally work, had to reinstall them game to its generic file path and set my display settings to 16 bit to help with some crash issues. DosBox really helps with running the actual game, but can't run the scene or char applications. I'm back in business and ready to mod. I'll get back to putting Mieres into the game, making some of the non-landed factions playable and try putting the Giantdowns into the game.

Downloads
    Uploads

Unlocking Birhtright (well maybe)

I have got the virtual box installed on my computer, however, I cannot get past this message : Fatal no bootable medium found! System halted. Would you by chance know of anyway to help me with this problem? I cannot wait to get further involved with this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by brffl View Post
    I have got the virtual box installed on my computer, however, I cannot get past this message : Fatal no bootable medium found! System halted. Would you by chance know of anyway to help me with this problem? I cannot wait to get further involved with this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Goto Google and paste this into the search box and hit search:

Fatal no bootable medium found! System halted.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your help. I have some leads now. I need to get a USB stick, so I can install something called Ubuntu. I will purchase one of these maybe tomorrow. One step closer now. I can't wait to get gaming here!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by brffl View Post
    Thank you for your help. I have some leads now. I need to get a USB stick, so I can install something called Ubuntu. I will purchase one of these maybe tomorrow. One step closer now. I can't wait to get gaming here!!!!!!
    Ubuntu is a free version of the Linux operating system. It is like Microsoft Windows but different. If you weren't aware of this, are you sure you want to use it? While it is easier for new users than it used to be, you may still have issues. Take everything step-by-step.

Sorontar, who is presently using Ubuntu for home and work
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Success!!

I purchased a USB stick. I got Ubuntu up and running now (finally). I am currently working on the next step. I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

I got past that little bump in the road. I am now learning more about this Ubuntu. I thank you very much for your advice.

I cannot get this game to work on my computer. Ubuntu was unsuccessful. I was wondering if you know any other options? I am learning more about doing this kind of stuff, so I am no expert at all. This totally f*cking s*ucks, all I want to do is play this game: my all time favorite game.

P.S. Thanks for giving me a heads up about Ubuntu not being a 100% chance of getting Birthright to play, if you had not told me so, I would have been even further disappointed.

I got past that part, however Ubuntu did not yeild the success that I thought. Windows 7 64 bit compatibility is my hurdle I cannot get past. Any ideas, my friend?

Thank you so much for taking this time to send me this. I will try this out.

Morgul, I followed your advice all the way through. I (with you help of course) was able to finally get it to run. I am looking at it right now. I can't wait to play some games with all of you. I cannot wait to try some of the npc realms also. Thanks my friend. I almost gave up hope of getting this game to work again.

I got it to run my friend. Morgul helped me with some advice that went through. I cannot wait to delve into all of this cool stuff on the site. Maybe I can play some games with you and the others!

Maudeeb, I finally got it to work! The real credit go's to this helpful fellow named Morgul since he took the time to send me advice that I followed out. I really appreciate the helpful support that you and the others have given me.

P.S.

Sorry if I came across as a fussy sort.
    Last edited by Arius Vistoon; 10-01-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: multi-posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry but I have no idea how to advise you any further on this.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    if i understand you want use gorgone alliance (a game for old windows) on an ubuntu ?

in this case, i think you can see wine, it's an application to use windows game on ubuntu.

More information here. it's very simple to install (it's a package) but for install a windows game it's more complex (not very complex but not easy...some years before when i use it. now i don't now)

Thread Information