Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Huh RP can be used in agitate?I dont recall seeing the "you are allowed to use RP...." line in chapt 5,only for GB.

Agitate [Standard/Realm; Lead; 1 GB]

A regent can use her influence to agitate a province's attitude for or against a person, domain, or idea. A regent can agitate a province's attitude in favor of herself or her allies. Similarly, a regent can agitate a province's attitude disfavorably against their enemies. Agitate can be a powerful weapon.

The Agitate action does not have a standard domain action check. Instead, a domain attitude check is made (as discussed in the section on adjusting domain attitude) but with slightly different adjustments and modifiers. (1) Regardless of the result, the domain's attitude cannot move in the opposite direction of the active regent's intended agitation (up or down). (2) The active regent may spend GB to provide a bonus or penalty to the check (1 GB per +/- 1). (3) The active regent's holding used for the action provides a bonus (or penalty) equal to the holding level. (4) If used against another regent, the target regent's largest holding provides a bonus to the check equal to its level. (5) All regents in the area may spend RP to support or oppose the check, providing a bonus or penalty of one for each RP spent. (6) The domain attitude may not increase or decrease by more than two attitude levels per Agitate action.
    Duane Eggert

Btw do RP from vassals count to the RP limit?

Also can you rule a holding twice or more in one turn?
    Last edited by Question; 11-18-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I can now read in BRCS, RPs from vassals count to the RP limit (twice the bloodline score).

You may find the answer at chapter 5, page 8 of BRCS revised.

I will come up with the answer to your second question in a while.
    Gods never die but they are always born

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    Also can you rule a holding twice or more in one turn?
    Yes you can.

You get 3 domain actions per turn period.

Except for ruling a province you are not limited in the number of times you can rule a holding in a turn except by the number of domain actions you have.

It worked the same way in 2nd ed.
    Duane Eggert

The max for RP is 1x bloodline score now it seems(chapter 2 revised IIRC)

I dont understand how you can rule the same holding more than once in a turn.

Lets say this scenario.

Bob wants to rule a level 2 law holding,thereby increasing it to level 3 if it suceeds.

He then uses his 2nd action to rule it from level 3 to 4.

And the 3rd to rule from 4 to 5.

Wait,what if the first action fails?The others cant happen because its still on level 2 isnt it?

Its very similar to contigency actions("okay i will use my first action to contest this holding then use a rule action to rule my holding using the vacant slots").

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's because you handle a domain round at a time not by turn. In PBEM games they tend to handle things on a turn basis which forces some kind of contingency style actions - but that is because of the way they are running the game.

The rules are set up for a round at a time. Every regent performs his domain round action in initiative order and they are resolved. Then they proceed to the next round.

So if you attempt to rule a holding up in round 1 and it fails you can attempt again in round 2. If it succeeds in round 1 then you can rule it up to the next level (assuming there are levels available). And so on and so on.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course even if the game is set in a faster pace (e.g. 3 domain actions/period) you may set whole cotigency plans.

You may say: "rule holding from 1 to 2 level, and if that succeeds, rule holding 2 to 3 or else repeat domain action 1, etc).

Kind of like programming. At least that was the way I handle a lot of my turns in various pbem games.
    Gods never die but they are always born

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I can now read in BRCS, RPs from vassals count to the RP limit (twice the bloodline score).
    I hope not! If this is the case, it represents an extreme and dramatic shift in potential power balances in the BR world - most especially for big guys like Darien Avan, who really benefit from bonus RP from vassalage. Considering that vassalage RP, in all former editions, could allow a liege to exceed his bloodline limit, I have a hard time imagining this rule would suddenly change without some extensive discussion within the community.

Perhaps Irdeggman could clarify?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quesitons regarding BRCS.

At 01:23 AM 11/22/2005 +0100, Osprey wrote:

>> From what I can now read in BRCS, RPs from vassals count to the RP limit
    >> (twice the bloodline score).
    >
    >I hope not! If this is the case, it represents an extreme and dramatic
    >shift in potential power balances in the BR world - most especially for
    >big guys like Darien Avan, who really benefit from bonus RP from
    >vassalage. Considering that vassalage RP, in all former editions, could
    >allow a liege to exceed his bloodline limit, I have a hard time imagining
    >this rule would suddenly change without some extensive discussion within
    >the community.

I`m with Osprey on this one. It makes for a rather odd rule given not only
    the current "power brokers" like Boeruine and Avan (and let`s not forget
    the potentially huge vassalage of the Gorgon) but also anyone whose
    bloodline and vassalage structures are scaled down. In the backstory of
    the setting we have empires that are much more massive than any seen in the
    current period. How and why would such an empire exist using such a
    restriction on RP from vassals?

That said, it seems like an easy one to ignore should the DM decide he
    wants to go with something that would allow for all of the above in his
    campaign.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    From Ruins of Empire:

Darien Avan, blood score 70.

Regency gained (including from vassals)/accumulated: 93/110

Under the BRCS rules.

The numbers for the missing Blood Score values are the same as for the previously listed Blood Score value with the exception of the Reserve (which is 2X the Blood Score).

He can collect 70 RP directly from holding/provinces.

He can have up to 140 RP in his reserve. Which means he can get 70 RP from vassals, ursurpation, etc.

Both numbers are still below what the BRCS allows.

So I fail to understand why this would cause a problem?

In 2nd ed there was also no limit to the amount of RP a regent could accumulate and it required an action to raise his bloodline score. In the BRCS there is a set limit to how much RP he can accumulate and the conversion is automatic.

It is entirely possible to house rule this to function like the following instead of being an absolute limit at any given time (pretty much what is written).:

The reserve number is calculated at the beginning of each turn so anything that the regent has that would have exceeded it prior to the beginning of the turn is gone. Think of any gains that exceed the reserve as a sort of temporary RP like temporary hit points. It would be possible to exceed the reserve during a turn, but the reserve is calculated at the beginning of the next turn.
    Last edited by irdeggman; 11-22-2005 at 11:34 AM.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information