Thread: War Cards

Downloads
    Uploads

War Cards

So I have been trolling your guys forums for a while. Looking for game information and ideas for items, spells, and villians. I noticed that you guys seem to have moved beyond the basic box set; while the first box set is what I play almost out of exclusively. In my collection I also have the Cities of the Sun and thus a nice little collection of War Cards.

My current game involves domains; with the players saving Adventure actions to gain personal levels and achievements. In the intern some actions are usually delegated to lieutenants including leading troops to battle. We tend to resolve the conflicts with War Cards; whether on land or at sea.

So what I am wondering is: does anyone else use War Cards for battles? If so does one have any insight on game mechanics or other resources for War Cards.

The players have made some of their own War Cards and have modified existing units. We have not gotten to fancy with most; the idea that it would be hard to replace exotic units. One player has established a unit of infantry that use war hounds. Players have increased the missile value of ships by spend gold on naval armaments.

One player even added flamethrowers to Coasters. These small but quick ships could move in on larger ships and attempt to set them on fire. The enemy could sink these "fire ships" in one hit. But the player found the relatively low cost fire ships could do lots of damage to more expensive vessels.

So if anyone has any personal insight on War Cards; I would be interested in hearing about anything.

I use them but I generally do not modify the units much. When I do modify the units I use the rules from the Book of Regency to do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We had a thread on custom warcards a little while back that you might find handy:

http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...ighlight=cards

Some of those cards are really impressive. A bit overpowered in my opinion, but the pictures used are pretty good overall.

Downloads
    Uploads
    very nice thx

Thread Information