Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Current PBEM games

I can't say that any of these games are in need of players, or pass any judgement on which are better. But I did think it would be a good idea to maintain a list of current, active PBEM's. So, I'll give it a go.

Current Games
    Flight from Shadow
    Albion 2?
    Ruins of Empire playtest
    RPG Crossing Game
    Last edited by Arentak; 08-30-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Updated
    I like PBEM's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ruins of Empire 2 is at least theoretically live although it appears on hold at the moment.

I can assure Reign is active and has slots. As 2.0 starts (we do as Dawn monthly turns), we have 48 players. This is current taking into account turnover.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added Vacant Throne, updated REI2 to REI3.
    I like PBEM's.

Downloads
    Uploads

Empire's Twilight 2

ET2 should be going live around march this year!
    Were basic happy with the rules we have done and now are placing the finish touch to the domains ie the easy stuff. We will be handing out to our old crew ie ET long term players the first chose of the bag then the flood gates open.

sorry for the delay life been a bit hectic of late

Raesene co gm for ET 2

http://voltumna.cjb.net/legacyofblood/empiretwilight/
    ]Blood is power; there is no way of changing that truth, in any way, shape or form.

Life is and always will be about survival of the fittest - what does not kill you, makes you stronger.

GM tags
    Raesene/Wanderer

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just like to point out that only the rules are up on the website so far and the domains and map have not only not yet been updated, but they will also undergo significant change. This is the sequel to an alternate-history Anuire game and Ruins of Empire will be completely disregarded.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Eastern Marches has a lot of openings, but as the game appears likely to "resolve itself" within the next two-three turns, and with 11 turns of history to try to come to grasp with, it may not be worth joining currently.

Downloads
    Uploads

Curious

How exactly does PBEM work? it seems there a special set of rules and such? I have DMed alot of birthright and other games in my time but never any over the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thatoneguy
    Curious
    How exactly does PBEM work? it seems there a special set of rules and such? I have DMed alot of birthright and other games in my time but never any over the internet.
    The PBeMs that I've been in have either used BRCS, 2e or their own ruleset for domain-level play, with relatively little emphasis on character-level play.

The players pick or are assigned domains. In play players use email to conduct diplomacy, plan, scheme, etc - often with a website forum used for "open discussions" or those involving multiple participants (for example the Sword and Crown or a similar gathering where any regent might walk by), website forums can also be used to post short stories, descriptions, discuss rules, etc. Some use a central forum like an imperial court, or conclave in which regents or their representatives can discuss the issues of the day, bicker, pass judgement on each other, etc.

Adventures tend to be the problem child simply because they they take a lot of DM time which tends to be in short supply, solutions I've seen are virtual tabletops, instant messaging, forum threads (which used description & fiat to resolve combat not dice), description emails of the plan with resolution by GM based on resources put in, danger, etc, or simply banning them.

The book-keeping has been dealt with by excel spreadsheets, word documents (both may have set formats, they were handed in at the end of the turn and returned with GM comments on success/failure/etc) birmail (an e-tool which tracks holdings / assets and calculates domain income, etc)

Overall they have worked very well, the key problems I've come across are duration of d4-1 turns (usually caused by drop-outs, people who wanted to "win the game", or DM overload); timing issues - sudden action frenzies at the end of a turn can make it impossible for some players to respond due to RL issues; or a player who is only active intermittently can hold up the action for days between their "on-times"; and rule/back story issues where the learning curve can be excessively steep. You can get issues from player turnover (your regents long-standing carefully-built alliance vanishes overnight when the new player gives their regent a radical makeover) and between players - particularly those who metagame against the DM.other players or assume that everyone knows them and their style of play / take offence easily.

hi,
    You can drop me a mail at thrakkazz2000[@]yahoo.fr if you need a player for any new game assuming this is in the official setting.
    I don't want to play in Harry Ploter's world ^^
    Un pour le Seigneur des Ténèbres sur son sombre trône
    Dans le Pays de Mordor où s'étendent les Ombres.

Un Anneau pour les gouverner tous, Un Anneau pour les trouver,
    Un Anneau pour les amener tous et dans les ténèbres les lier
    Au Pays de Mordor où s'étendent les Ombres.

Thread Information