Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PBeM going live

Quote Originally Posted by Muaadeeb View Post
    I vote for rounds.
    Another vote for rounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I vote Rounds.

If it were 30+ regents, I'd want full turns, since it would be slow. You've got the right idea to keep the game smaller, and small game can go quickly. Juan has a great eastern marches game going, and what he did is start with about 20 realms, and he's slowly added more as we progress. The idea, obviously, being to make sure you never get bogged down, and add only if you can do it without a problem.

You've indicated the game will be more character driven, and that is exceedingly hard to do with 30+ regents.
    I like PBEM's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of playing round by round. Turn by turn focuses too much on time passing by as if we were at a race to some finish line. If it is about roleplay, then round by round should be fine. I actually prefer to see a slow game play out. 1 round about every 2 weeks seems like a nice pace to me. Maybe even a little fast at some points. The only obstacle will be getting used to planning out spending the income over 3 submissions and having to wait for income that long as well. But if we are focused on the challenges in the game, that shouldn't be too much of a drawback.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rounds makes more sense from your pro/con list. That's my vote.

... and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    (Edit: checked!)
    ... and, no. Unfortunately not. CRAP. Now I *have* to find it. Thanks for giving me a new obsession.
    Last edited by Swashbuckler; 07-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    - George Washington

Quod illo, senito aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to run all my pbems in turns because of the slower game associated with rounds. However, I think you'll find that because of the online nature of the game, player interaction and diplomacy will speed up the pace of events regardless of rounds/turns/etc. So another con for rounds is that events unfold extremely quickly from an in-character and role-playing perspective.

However, of late I've come to believe that rounds are better --- much, much less work for the DMs and players can responds to events smoother, as you say.

Rounds are *definitely* the way to go, although with a smaller number of players full turns don't necessarily increase the work load past the point of DM burnout.
    Last edited by Fearless_Leader; 07-18-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: fixed grammar

I vote rounds. And I vote you throw the Rjurik nations in there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested too! I vote for Rounds (one a week?).

I know it's too early to call dibs, but I call dibs on Tuornen, for sentimental reasons...

PBeM Update!

Ok guys. SO I wanted to drop this update to you guys to let you know how things are progressing. Here is where we are:

Website is in development and appears it should be ready by our official launch date (1st week in August).

Forums: The forums are up and are being populated with rules, clarifications, and personal domain areas. We will give you the forum address here very shortly, but, we want to assign domains before then so that when you register on the forums you will be able to use the domain you are playing as your name (or at least a part of your name).

Interactive Map: While it is our hope to have one of these at launch, this has proceeded slower than we had hoped. We may not have the cool, flashy map we were hoping for at launch. Even if we don't, all domain info will still be presented in good 'ole text form.

We are going to assign domains shortly. Before we do, though, we are going to invite you guys to the forums to browse over the rules, house rules, and campaign setup. We want you guys to ask questions and to challenge anything you might believe to be broken.

It looks like the campaign will be ran by the round. I think you guys will like the speed in which we plan to run this. Anyways, stick around, more to come!
    DM_Anuire

I'm excited. I'd like to put in a request for a landed domain, I'm not picky about who or where.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gonna have to quit drinking anything with caffeine in it until this game kicks off. Hyper enough as it is.
    "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    - George Washington

Quod illo, senito aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

Thread Information