Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry again Swordhelm, I will start that up in a different post. I just got so excited about the prospect of making a DMing tool that would be useful to everyone.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

True but it kills variety.You might want to play Dhoesone(a perfectly valid PC realm) but cant,simply because its in the "Wrong" region.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now for once mostly on topic , I've seen spread-out work on games based on a sort of landgrab idea where all the npcs are either non-existant or simple "taking 10" automatons. Almost gives a "CIV" feel to the game. For those who are wanting to role play and have fleshed out npcs that are interacting with the PC's, spread out takes a ton of work.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Swordhelm,

Really on topic this time, I would be interested in your PBEM, It is an interesting idea of vieing for control of a single port city. You will have to really work with the rules though to adapt them for that change in scale. The spelljammer idea doesn't quite grip me as much though. Nothing personal, just when one of my old dm's ran that setting in the past it didn't interest me as much as other campaign settings.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

THe rule changes were actually the easy part. Once you scale down a city to its respective districts(representing equivalent of realms) and then break those districts into streets and area's of interest(provinces) you have your setting. The scale mostly just needs to be dropped, but it still works pretty well.

As for the setting, it was a risk i had to take. I love both settings, and i think its a unique twist of fantasy and politics. A space port always makes for a good backdrop, wether its in books or movies, and a fnatasy space setting seemed ideal. I liked playing both settings and felt this would be an interesting game. Thus far the players though have stated roughly the same as you. A new world, especially one so out there as spelljammer, turns away most players. However you are more then welcome to look past it and give it a try, afterall, you don't have to take to space anymore then you would in a FR setting.

Thread Information