Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big regents

OK, I have to say I really like how these were written up. I think the level of magic is stupendous for BR. The weapons they have are VERY powerful and quite possibly heirlooms passed down from pre-Deismaar. I disagree with Thomas Percy that they need powering up.

One question/concern I have relates to Darien Avan. He has a whole lot of SQs. Everyone else has 2 or so, but Avan has 8 or 9. How is this possible? Also, why would have have favored region west coast? His history talks about heartlands and eastern marches, not the western coast. I doubt, in his youth, a Boeruine would have taken him in. I also doubt his father would have sent him to Boeruine or Talinie, into the agents of his greatest enemy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, why would have have favored region west coast? His history talks about heartlands and eastern marches, not the western coast. I doubt, in his youth, a Boeruine would have taken him in. I also doubt his father would have sent him to Boeruine or Talinie, into the agents of his greatest enemy.
    At this point in time, Avan has a great deal of experience overseeing and running the law of Taeghas and Brosengae, as well as covert actions into Boeruine. While his early years may have been mainly in the Heartlands (and this should indeed be his 1st favored region), his later years as regent of Avanil have certainly given him a great deal of experience within the Western Coast.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally like most of them, but I prefer the "minus" version to Rhuobe; additionally, pay extra attention to how you format the information therein!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey
    At this point in time, Avan has a great deal of experience overseeing and running the law of Taeghas and Brosengae, as well as covert actions into Boeruine. While his early years may have been mainly in the Heartlands (and this should indeed be his 1st favored region), his later years as regent of Avanil have certainly given him a great deal of experience within the Western Coast.
    Osprey
    OK, I can buy that, but I still disagree.

Just because he has been ruling these 2 realms does not give him expertise in their territory. After all, Avan was already ruling Avanil before he took over his neighbors. I doubt he has had much time to ride around the Western Coast to familiarize himself with those lands. Best bet is he went to the capital a time or two to get vassalage, then left. His court handles the day-to-day business.

In his youth, though, he squired in various areas, riding the roads, hiking the forests, etc., truly becoming familiar with them. His ties to the Western Coast would seem to me to be purely political.

Of course, maybe I misunderstand what the expertise means.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    OK, I have to say I really like how these were written up. I think the level of magic is stupendous for BR. The weapons they have are VERY powerful and quite possibly heirlooms passed down from pre-Deismaar. I disagree with Thomas Percy that they need powering up.

One question/concern I have relates to Darien Avan. He has a whole lot of SQs. Everyone else has 2 or so, but Avan has 8 or 9. How is this possible? Also, why would have have favored region west coast? His history talks about heartlands and eastern marches, not the western coast. I doubt, in his youth, a Boeruine would have taken him in. I also doubt his father would have sent him to Boeruine or Talinie, into the agents of his greatest enemy.
    Thanks for the compliment. I am the one who has written up Boeruine, Avan, Tael, and Nichalier (he isn't up here yet).

Avan has 8-9 special qualities because he has 10 levels of noble where the others are mostly fighters with 1 or 2 levels of noble. The noble class gives a huge number of special abilities.

As for why he has favoured region (west coast) it is because the best way to defeat an enemy is to know that enemy as well or better than he knows himself. Avan is supposedly a very brilliant tactician I am sure he has studied his opponents extensively. At least that is the reasoning I had for giving it to him. If everyone disagrees it can be changed.
    The Forge Administrator

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok dumb ass question time.

in these write ups i see this

DARIEN AVAN CR 13
    Male Anuirean Noble 10/Scion 2

Where is the Scion class/Prc?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The scion prestige classes are in Chapter 2 Blood and Regency.

There is one for each bloodline.
    The Forge Administrator

Downloads
    Uploads
    ah ha!! its a 3.5 thingy thats why i don't know what it is.

thanks Jamie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually it is not a prestige class (since that would require a minimum character level of 5 before meeting the prerequisites). It is another class that doesn't count towards multiclassing penalties.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information