Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Draft Prestige Classes

Following on from my poll about prestige classes in the Atlas of Cerilia, I have attached copies of all the currently submitted prestige classes below.

Prestige Class #1-5
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Raesene Andu; 09-05-2005 at 10:04 AM.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prestige Classes #6-10

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prestige Classes #11-15

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prestige Classes #16-20
    Last edited by Raesene Andu; 09-05-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Prestige Class #21-25
    Last edited by Raesene Andu; 09-05-2005 at 10:58 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The above prestige classes are all those that have been submitted to the Atlas project over the past couple of years. What I would now like to do with these is select the most popular submissions OR concepts to bring forward to an editing stage where the BR community can work on them further.

So if there are any of these prestige class that you would like included in the Atlas/BRCS then please reply to this message with a list of those you want to see carried forward to an editing stage.

Also, if you don't like the particular prestige class but like the idea behind the class, then please make a note of which concepts you like, as all selected prestige classes will be open to comments/editing at a later stage before a final vote for inclusion and you will be given an opportunity to propose changes then.

If you don't like any of the current submission, but would like to see certain prestige classes in the Atlas, OR have a prestige class concept of your own to put forward, then include that in your reply as well.
    Last edited by Raesene Andu; 09-05-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't had the time to see through all of these prestige classes, but the whole thing really want to say something: do you remember my prestige class concept (and submission), the traverser of shadows? Wouldn't it be fitting, with halfling freedom fighters and such also making their appearance here?

Smile

I haven't had a chance to look at all of the details of the prestige classes but at a glance, out of the entire list, I only see one prestige class from Birthright, the gheallie Sidhe.

Original prestige classes are cool but shouldn't the Atlas spend more of an effort defining the prestige classes already presented in the 2nd edition material?

Offhand, I can think of:

Knight Guardians
    Imperial Legionaire
    Member of the Watch
    Member of the Discourse
    Royal College of Sorcery Alumni
    Hogunmark Dragon
    Knight of the Silver Crescent
    Tuor Duelist
    Bard of the White Hall
    Highland Skald
    Brecht Bandit
    Winter Witch
    Veiled Sister
    .. and many more.

The above are all examples of prestige classes in BR. I mean, they are all organizations or groups of renown, right? And isn't that what a prestige class is all about?

I was under the impression that the Atlas and the BRCS are supposed to update the original material to make it compatable with new rules? Variants and original material is great but should be segregated from the original material if you wish to champion the preservation of the setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG
    I haven't had the time to see through all of these prestige classes, but the whole thing really want to say something: do you remember my prestige class concept (and submission), the traverser of shadows? Wouldn't it be fitting, with halfling freedom fighters and such also making their appearance here?
    I do remember the class. Was that submitted to the Atlas or just one the boards here? It would be a fitting prestige class to consider. I only posted the prestige classes I had saved on my computer.

Original prestige classes are cool but shouldn't the Atlas spend more of an effort defining the prestige classes already presented in the 2nd edition material?
    2nd Edition never had prestige classes, that is a 3rd Edition addition to the rules. At least 3 of the groups you list are featured in the prestige classes I posted, some I've never heard of, and others are not suitable for prestige classes IMO. We don't really want a prestige class for every order of knights in Anuire...

The recent vote showed that a lot of people want to see prestige classes in the Atlas, and some people won't consider it to be complete until it contains prestige classes Hence this thread to discover what sort of prestige classes people would like to see.

I was under the impression that the Atlas and the BRCS are supposed to update the original material to make it compatable with new rules? Variants and original material is great but should be segregated from the original material if you wish to champion the preservation of the setting.
    There is very little in the Atlas that needs updating to make it compatable. So instead, the Atlas of Cerilia is going to provide an expanded look at Cerilia, so will contain a large amount of original writing. The core information will not change, but it will be greatly expanded. For example, in the original material the description of Avanil was 2 pages, now it is 12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can find the Traverser of Shadows here.

Furthermore, I had an idea for a prestige class for the Rjurik: the Elder Loremaster; the class would require a few levels in both classes, would increase the spellcasting ability of both classes by a reasonable amount, count its levels with bard and druid levels in regard to access to or capability in some class features (including some non-shapeshifting druidic abilities as well as bardic knowledge), and allow the expenditure of a druidic spell to gain additional daily uses of bardic music or the expenditure of a number of daily uses of bardic music to cast a summon nature's ally spell of equal level. One of the secondary issues is that the elder loremaster must use a divine focus and a verbal component for all of his spells; finally, he gets a poor BAB, BFB, BRB and only 4 base skill points per level, but has a high BWB.

Thread Information