Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

New "must read" source books

Hey folks,

I found two fairly decent finds at GenCon 2005 that I think are worth looking over if you are running a d20 Birthright game (or just like cool rules!).

The first is the d20 Game of Thrones campaign setting. Don't letthe book's overwhelming prettyness put you off. I found it to be chock full of useful rules for dealing with noble influence, house affiliations, and how to adjudicate and run a game focused on the politics, duties, and responsibilities of nobles. The setting is also largely magic free, and thus provides an interesting balance point for a "low magic" world. There is a lot of good stuff in this book. I picked up the full price deluxe edition, but the PDF is more easily available (and much cheaper) through drivethrurRPG.

The second book worth mention is Malhavok press's "Iron Heroes". Wow. This is probably the best d20 rulebook that I've seen to date. It presents many optional combat rules that are obvious extentions of those presented in the d20 OGL/Player's Handbook that can (and perhaps should) be imported into any campaign. More importantly, Iron Heroes assumes that characters have no access to magic items and thus presents another interesting take on how to run a balanced low-magic availability world. It is also available in hardcover or PDF.

Just my 0.02 GB.
    - Doom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Game of Thrones campaign setting:

Could you tell us something more about "Game of thrones". When will it be published? Wich publisher will present the product? I'am not a terrible big fan of the series but the setting is interesting.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a White Wolf/Sword & Sorcery product.

Scheduled for October 2005, available for pre-order at $49.99 at the WW online store. Available for half price at DriveThruRPG.com as .pdf download.

B
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads

New "must read" source books

> Could you tell us something more about "Game of thrones". When will it be
    > published? Wich publisher will present the product? I`am not a terrible
    > big fan of the series but the setting is interesting.

It`s out in PDF now, I believe, and the treebook should follow soon. It`s
    by Guardians of Order, but they`re using White Wolf as their publisher or
    fulfiller or something, since GoO has fallen on hard times and WW has good
    connections to get this book into a lot of stores. It is not by Sword and
    Sorcery. The super-gyhugous limited edition is dual-statted with d20 and
    Tristat, and then there will be separate smaller editions, one each for
    d20 and Tristat.

--
    Daniel McSorley

Thread Information