Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Submitting Characters Descriptions to Atlas

The Atlas will include stats for all the major NPCs and Awnsheghlien and I have also set aside some space for some submitted characters that can be used as villians, allies, random encounters, etc. Although I will eventually get around to filling in these descriptions, there are many people who are better at building characters than I am and if anyone wishes to participate in the Atlas project, this is a good way to do so.

This thread http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2437 has a list of all the basic character information for regent's in Anuire. Please contact me before changing any of this information. Also, only information from the core D&D books (PHB, DMG, MM) and the revised chapter 1 & 2 of the BRCS are to be used when designing characters. This is a non-negotiable condition.

Submission of Characters
    To standardise the submission of characters, I have decided to use the new statblocks that are now being used in all WotC products (see the latest Eberron books for examples) as well as in Dungeon magazine. So if you are familiar with any of these product then you should be familiar with what I'm looking for. I have attached a blank complete statblock with all the options and a few notes. You are welcome to simply use that document and fill in the blanks, which should make submissions very easy indeed. When writing up characters, please cut any options in the statblock that you don't use to trim down space. For Example: If a character isn't a spellcaster, then remove the Spells Prepared section. I have included a basic example of a monster to show how small you can get the description down to.

To submit a character either attach it as a reply to this thread, or e-mail me directly at hoss@chariot.net.au. Try to include either contact details (forum pm is fine) or a name, so that I can give you credit in the Atlas if your submission is included.

Major NPCs
    The following major NPCs definitely need descriptions.
    * High Mage Aelies (LN male half-elf, Wiz 13/Sha 3/Scion 1 [Vorynn, major, 36])*
    * Darien Avan (LN male Anuirean, Nbl 10/Scion 2 [An, great, 70])
    * Hand of Azrai (LN female Vos, Clr 10 (Azrai)/DisA 7)*
    * Aeric Boeruine (LN male Anuirean, Ftr 10/Nbl 2/Scion 1 [An, major, 60])
    * The Chimaera (CE female awnshegh, Wiz 13 [Azrai, minor, 38])
    * Caliedhe Dosiere (LG male Anuirean, Mag 7/Nbl 13/Scion 2 [Anduiras, great, * The Gorgon (LE male awnshegh, Ftr 25/Wiz 16/Scion 2 [Azrai, true, 100+])
    * Daeric Mhoried (CG male Anuirean, Rgr 7/Scion 1 [Anduiras, major, 46])
    * Rhobher Nichalier (LG male Anuirean, Clr 13 (Haelyn)/Scion 2 [Anduiras,
    * Rhuobhe (NE male awnshegh, Ftr 16/Wiz 13/Scion 2 [Azrai, true, 95])
    # The Spider (CE male awnshegh, Ftr 13/Scion 2 [Azrai, true, 95])
    * Gavin Tael (LE male Anuirean, Ftr 7/Nbl 2/Scion 1 [Reynir, major, 49])

And if anyone has a burning desire to see the stats of other regents in the Atlas and is willing to write up a description then I will consider your submissions for inclusion favourably.

# The Spider already has a good description that I'm going to rework for the Atlas. See this http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2235 for the discussion on the Spider's stats.

Minor NPCs
    I have set aside a section of the Atlas for a series of NPCs, either minor Awnsheghlien, or example BR characters, that can be used in a Birthright campaign. So if you have a good villian, PC, awnshegh from your BR campaign that you would like to see included in this section then please send it in.

Be warned that any submissions may be subject to editing by me if I feel they need changes. If you have any questions, please reply to this thread and I will answer best I can.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Previous conversions

The BRCS rulebook (Chapter 9) contains stat info for a few individuals, including The Gorgon and The Hand of Azrai. However, their levels and bloodline strength differ quite a bit from what is proposed above.

Obviously, we need to coordinate things a bit here, so that we don't have redundancies (or even worse: inconsistencies) between the two main BR books. IMO, character write-ups (including the stat info) for individuals should be in the Atlas, and not in the rulebook.

Downloads
    Uploads
    These writeups are for the Atlas, not the BRCS. The writeups for the Gorgon and Hand of Azrai in the BRCS were done as examples when that books was being written. They also used the old (1/2) bloodline score that has been revised with the new chapter 2, hence the updated bloodline scores.

As an update to the list I posted, the following regents have been completed.
    # Darien Avan
    # Aeric Boeruine
    # Gavin Tael
    Rhobhier Nichalier and others are also being worked on, so if you want to work on any of the remianing regents please contact me to let me know, just so we don't end up with two people working on the same regent at the same time.

There is no one working on minor NPCs or Awnsheghlien though, so plenty of opportunities there if you want to be involved. Although this thread has been up for quite a while and no one has responded so far. Surely there must be someone out there with some BR characters they have used in their campaigns that they want to have considered for the Atlas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that i'm volunteering, but it seems like the Eyeless one should be included on that list. He is a major threat to at least 4 Anuirean realms.

Also the 2 elven leaders, unless you are considering them to be PC's
    Last edited by The Jew; 09-08-2005 at 05:20 PM.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jew
    Not that i'm volunteering, but it seems like the Eyeless one should be included on that list. He is a major threat to at least 4 Anuirean realms.

Also the 2 elven leaders, unless you are considering them to be PC's
    The elven nations will be available for PCs as they were in the old material, we aren't changing any of the recomendations there.

You are right about the eyeless one though, he should be on the list, as should a couple of outhers.

* Eyeless One (CE unknown race, Wiz 9/Scion 1 [Vorynn, major, 35])
    * Razzik Fanggrabber (LE female goblin, Ftr 4 [Azrai, minor, 2])
    * Peak Mage (N female Anuirean, Wiz 8/Scion 1 [Anduiras, major, 32])
    * William Moergen (CG male Anuirean, Nbl 1/Rgr 4/Scion 1 [Anduiras, major, 35])
    Kral Two-Toes (LE male goblin, Clr 4 (Kartathok) [Azrai, minor, 10])

I'm sure I've missed others, but I did put in my original post that I would consider description of any regent if someone was willing to write them up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Characters

I'd be willing to work on a few characters, if you wanted to assign me a few. Lemme know what is being worked on already, and I'll see what I can do.

Thread Information