View Poll Results: Prestige Classes in Atlas?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Prestige up my Atlas!

24 48.98%
  • No, post them individually!

12 24.49%
  • No, put them in the BRCS!

13 26.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prestige Classes in Atlas?

Lee Hanna writes:

> In a message dated 8/22/05 3:04:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
    > brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:
    >
    > << Concentrate on the realms for the Atlas. Prc can be completed later,
    > either seperately or as another smaller project. >>
    >
    > I agree with this sentiment. At most, I would recommend one PrC per
    > region.

Don`t forget about the non-human races, each of which in some ways count as
    a "region" in race/cultural terms. Many PrCs from other resources might
    work in BR, so a short list of them and their respective source would be
    sufficient in a few cases, but one or two non-human BR specific PrCs would
    be appropriate.

However, rather than one per region, I think the focus should be on regents
    and/or the political level of play itself. That is, there should be at
    least one PrC for each of the basic types of regent, and maybe one for their
    principle underlings (LTs?).

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't vote since the choices didn't capture the "Other" option. Hence this poll may be misleading.

The only choices were to put them into the Atlas put them into the BRCS or post them separately.

I do think there are several PrCl that are fairly strait forward and could readily be captured in the BRCS - but others could more readily fit and flow more smoothly into the Atlas, while others (most likely the largest group) would fit into a separate document.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads

At 07:13 PM 8/22/2005 +0200, irdeggman wrote:

>Having said that there is room for PrCl tobe added into each part of the
    >Atlas as cultural themed ones and to include the broad scoping/not
    >culturally tied ones in the BRCS itself - much like WotC has been doing in
    >almost everything they publish.

Yeah, at this point it would seem kind of weird to have such a document
    that DIDN`T have a few PrCs included....

Gary

I just want it done

I say, just get the atlas done, as quickly as possible and get it posted, then put out supplements for the other things, I just want it done, cause as all of us, we want it. now... hehe (not that we're not all grateful for the hours the Dev's are all spending on this, or that we're greedy, we are just anxious to get it.... NOW... hehe)

Downloads
    Uploads

At 06:56 PM 8/23/2005 +0200, Thorogood Roele wrote:

>I say, just get the atlas done, as quickly as possible and get it posted,
    >then put out supplements for the other things, I just want it done, cause
    >as all of us, we want it. now... hehe (not that we`re not all grateful for
    >the hours the Dev`s are all spending on this, or that we`re greedy, we are
    >just anxious to get it.... NOW... hehe)

A couple days late replying here, but I`ve had a little trouble with my ISP....

Without some PrCs in it, my opinion is that it won`t be "done" in a very
    correct sense. It really needs some in order to be a "complete" work. Of
    course, there is no real "complete" for a work of that type--there is only
    version 1.0 (or 3.5, I guess, for a D&D-based product) but my point is that
    without a set of prestige classes, or some determination that they are
    going to be delegated to some other, similar work, the Atlas would be
    incomplete.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no problem with the less "core" PrC's being posted in an archives sort of section of section here on BR.net IF - and that's a big "if" - it can be proven that BR.net will be stable and reliable enough to be regularly available and vital again as a core BR website. Most of late spring and this summer I have drifted away from participating in the BR.net community because the majority of the time I was rejected from trying to access the website. Tends to cool one's fervor for development and participation...

That being said, I feel that it had already been decided to make the Atlas the primary PrC locus, and see no reason to change that now. Regain lost momentum, and complete what was begun.

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Naturally I’m of the opinion to include PrC’s in the Atlas. Any existing WotC, Mongoose and whatever book has them included in nearly any sub book and IMO PrC’s are one of the greatest advantages of 3rd and 3.5 Edition. Bithright 3.0 and 3.5 Edition without PrC’s are simply impossible, but IMHO we should not include PrC’s, that can be found with minor changes in several WotC books, like CW, CD, CA, BoED or BoVD. If you want to include a “Disciple of Azrai”, include something like BoVD, p. XYZ, but level 2 … instead of …, whatever. Maybe we get trouble with copyright things too, if we completely “copy” a Disciple of Asmodeus with minor changes. I don’t know, if the BoVD is included in the open gaming licence either.

Same thing for racial PrC’s. We don’t need a Bladesinger version 4.7, if someone wants to play one, see book whatever (CW, I think, has one version included). I know that we don’t want to refer to too much WotC or other sub books, but most of you don’t want to have 100 or more PrC’s (me neither) and I think, if a PrC already exists, there is no reason to create it twice.

IMO there should be only two racial PrC’s, because I think, WotC hasn’t created something similar: A halfling PrC linked to the Shadow World and an elven PrC linked to gheallie Sidhe (both are already created, if I’m right). I’m sure, many nice PrC’s related to races can be found in “Races of Stone”, “Races of the Wild” and “Races of Destiny” with only some minor changes or none playable for everyone, who “must have” a racial PrC.

What we need manly are organisation or bloodline based PrC’s. O.K., it might be possible to adjust existing organisation related (like religious) PrC’s either. An church inquisitor (CD) need not to be changed to fit into the setting, maybe only Healyn and Avani clerics and paladins may become one, but we still need not create a church inquisitor on our own. But with the “Radiant Servant of Pelor” (CD either) it’s already difficult. Avani (the most fitting deity) isn’t neutral good, apart from other things that simply seem a bit odd for adjusting this PrC for Avani. Well, that’s why Avani has her own PrC: Protector of the Light.

Another fact is, that most already mentioned PrC’s are already created earlier than most of the existing WotC books. The “Storm’s Fist” first posting was even before the publication of “Faith and Pantheons”(the deity related FR book). Maybe we should view those above posted PrC’s from that aspect too. Because of the “mass of PrC’s”: Maybe we should take a second glance at newly created PrC’s (those not included in the list of the other thread), do we need them really or can we find a similar class in some sub book? Don’t get me wrong, if someone has still an idea of some innovative PrC, that’s cool, the more creative and new PrC’s we have, the better, but I don’t want to make a sigh with “well, another version of PrC XYZ found already in book ABC”. I know, meanwhile it is really hard to have a new idea, without the answer: “Hey, check this out, it’s nearly the same”, but maybe there are still some complete new ideas and in this manner I’m always FOR including some PrC new or stylish PrC. In the moment we have 25 PrC’s if I counted right, well if we have 30, no harm, but 40 to 50 and it will get a little much…
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will now close this poll. Despite the roughly 50/50 vote, I believe the comments here have shown a strong desire to see prestige classes become part of the Atlas.

However, I would probably prefer to see organisation/realm specific prestige classes find their way into the Atlas, rather than more general classes. This was they could be linked to the material from the Atlas. More general prestige classes (see list I posted near the start of this thread) could perhaps be placed in the BRCS, although this is something to be decided.

See http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2779 to download copies of the currently submitted prestige classes, or to suggest new prestige classes.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

I agree that you ought to put in the Atlas those region specific prestige classes and keep the generics to the BRCS or supplements.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

I agree that you ought to put in the Atlas those region specific prestige classes and keep the generics to the BRCS or supplements.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Thread Information