Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

New File Added: BR 2.5 custom write BETA

Downloads: A new file has been added by Arjan:

BR 2.5 custom write BETA

we are a team of players that we are sort of dedicated to the roleplay part of the BR campaign setting and we run huge campaign for about 13 years now.
    In order to further our game and us we grow to let it grow through us we have finaly put down our ideas and created a test of a rulebook based on rules forged on our own ideas and sets taken from various free resources around the net.
    We have used material from all over BR net which we find inspiring at least and we are proud to associate with people on this level.

I would like to have the opportunity to share the beta book on the web with you so people can read, speak and let us know what they think. We have enlisted a new system of magic, a innovative combat system and a total new skill system that people may find interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BR 2.5 custom write BETA has been updated!

Downloads
    Uploads

More and More and More

There is a huge posibility that you may find a lot of things that remind you older editions etc. Its logical and expected since we never went past 2nd Edition only to enhance our gaming through the Players Option system. Keep in mind that its the game that most of you know with some twists of rule set in order to make it appeal more logical to us. Thus you will see that we have halved the total hit points of all classes making them the actuall vitality of the character and we added the fatigue factor to play the role of the former hit points. We have made armours "soak" damage and changed the way people fight a tad. Some of us call this a fundamental change in a rules set but we do embrace it with a logical approach nowdays. (The older you get the more rises the need to make everything sound reasonable) Magic on the other hand is a blast. Wizards are for the time free of the narrow limits of spells and now are able to cast magic as they can visualize in the guidelines we give them unlimiting somehow their possibility, making it possible to cast higher level spells or spells with larger effects and so on. Magic is something we as players always respected and we (I to be honest) came hard on players who wished to be the Spellcaster, its something beyond reasoning and something to be treated as such, hence in our campaigning for instance magic was something extraordinary and we treated the Setting as such.
    Finnaly I can add, that the skill system is still lacking the full explanatory of the skills as you will be able to deduce. You will be able to find the major list of skills but you will not be able to find what is their use in our system. I urge you to use the guidelines of the old Proficiencies or Skills you use since we are still on the making of the actuall skills and what they do correspond to. The skill system is simple and less role abiding than you may be used to. Ranks come in all skills, brackets make the difference per rank (1-5, 6-10, 11-15 etc) some skills now have prerequisites in order to have them, for instance, etiquette, or Engineering cannot be obtained if you do not have for instance a good Language skill or a good read and write skill. Skills raise passively and actively through training and finnaly withing your skill bracket you are able to do those things listed there automatically. Thus someone who has a Heraldry score of 3 for instance can identify local arms automatically without roles or so.
    I am sure if you spent time reading and exploring it you will come up with tens of questiong and corrections and suggestions and etc. This is what we expect from the Beta. This is the main reason we give it public. Keep in mind it was made to suit our playstyle and not general use but we are more than honored to see you people read it over and give us your opinion.

Last but not least all of us owe a huge thanks to the BR Net for all this awsome work done which was surely inspiring to us and a major library to all for sure. Keep up the good work and surely you have people who value it.

Evangelos Batalis
    " The Empire will fall...."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing this guys I really appreciate it. I'll go through it in the next few days.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i'm plaing a campaign with some friends of mine, and we are plaing 2.5 edition, but i've found in your job a lot of interesting topics, like family tables etc etc.
    thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads

Skills and of course more and more

In the following days I will share with you the rough tables of the skills we have created and their usability. We would love to have you people share your ideas about what the skills do in their corresponding levels and take part in our little creation. I do want to promise that we will post our game timeline of how we think Cerilia and Primary Anuire and Rjuven would have evolved over in our game time but this does not fall upon me only since I was just the mere Gamemaster and I can tell that some of my players were awsome bookeepers. I hope we gather around and share our side of the story after 1520 HC up to 1580 HC.
    " The Empire will fall...."

Thread Information