First Post! What the hell have I drawn myself into!?

Hello all!

I know absolutely nothing about Birthright(or D&D for that matter) at all.
    The only reason to why I made an account in here was to download the patches fro Gorgon's Alliance, and to see what other things might be available for this game.

Now, I've noticed a lot of different new campaign settings and stuff like which has been posted in these forums. So I want to know if all these campaigns, maps etc.. is made for the game Gorgon's Alliance as some kind of mods, or if it's for real life pen & paper games? Or maybe it's even some kind of remakes of the game Gorgon's Alliance?

I'm really fascinated by the concept and gameplay of the game, everything from the kingdom ruling, the army battles to the clunky adventure mode! So I hope by coming here I will be able to expand my gaming experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    By and large, what you will find on this site is for the pen and paper D&D game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As Stew31r said, most of this site is for roleplaying. The video game was an offshoot of the setting that was made for the 2nd Edition Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying system. We have been expanding the details released about the Birthright setting as well as "updating" it to later D&D versions. There is a little on the forum and in the downloadables about the video game, but the bulk of our discussions are on the RPG game.

Sorontar

Ok!
    Thanks for your answers, I really appreaciate it. Too bad most of the stuff in here aren't for the video game

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BBallMick View Post
    Ok!
    Thanks for your answers, I really appreaciate it. Too bad most of the stuff in here aren't for the video game
    It's a skill and time thing - mods and patches take a looong time - NWN modules for BR were talked about for example but I don't think that any were finished.

Yeah I guess you're right, modding does require a lot of time and skill. It's just sad to let a great game like this 'die out'. You can only play the same game for so long :P
    On a sidenote. Do you know whether or not the multiplayer still functions? I've never tried it before, and it might extend the playability of the game for a while

P.S. Sorry for all these posts about the video game. I understand that this is not one of the most interesting topics in these forums!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never tried multiplayer, and only ever got the first couple of patches to work, sorry.

If you search the old threads you might find more on the computer game. Sadly we never got around to splitting it into it's own forum so finding them may not be easy.

Thread Information