Thread: crusade

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

crusade

My friends and I have always played either in Anuire or the highlands. I as hoping to get then into the kinasi lands. And to do this I have a idea, a crusade. I am trying to fiqure a way to spark 1 though. As a group that plays a lot of highlanders and anuriens, I was thinking on this:
    As Eric is married to Avanie maybe a druid went over to share some inter faith knowledge. But the red princes of Aftathan(spelling) killed him. He could have been high-level mukety muck in either the emerald spire or the other druid circle. This could start a rejurik movement for revenge. Now for an anurien crusade I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated a I will be coming here foe help in the idea and how to flesh out the story. Thanks for your help. And I’m glad to see BR.net it up and running.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't see the followers of Erik as the crusader types, I doubt they could gather enough forces and military to go on a crusade against the Khinasi. It also doesn't fit their nature.

If you do want to have a crusade being launched against a Khinasi realm such as Aftane, then using an Anuirean force is the most likely. If your game is set in Khinasi, then a reformed empire trying to reclaim its lost territory is a good choice for an invader. This sort of thing is useful when your players have become fairly powerful, it helps to bring use up some of that gold and RP they have collected.

If your game is in Anuire, then an invasion from Aduria is best. Ruins of Empire already hints at this for the Southern Coast region with talk of mysterious groups of men being offloaded and strange black ships. The southern empires of Aduria have been left alone for so long now that they must be quite powerful and are a good threat for even a reborn empire.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The anuirians would be more likely but you could try a rjurik one. Maybe not so much a religous crusade as a mercenery one. The religion may be the reason or excuse but in order to get the people needed for it deals might have to be made often with unsavory people like the bandit king of rjuvik and other pirate like groups. You could then make it more a movement of people like the founding of the rjurik nation in vosgaard, second sons join for the chance at land in khinasi. Maybe the white witch secretly finances it to get rid of a lot of fighting men so she can do more damage and take more land in the highlands. You could involve other groups too. Think of the viking rus and the founding of russia.
    MORNINGSTAR

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    see i was thinking it wiould be nice to see a anurien crusade. with all the churches tio haelyn coming toghter to gight a commen foe. but with diffrent orders like the knioght templar and hospitalr. but instead it would be western imperial and northern, or some othesuch combo. i cant see the law rulers comminf toghter under 1 commander but if the church was involved then they may see fit ti sending a few units. this would later spiral out into fueds back home. thanks for the starting help and keeopthe sugestions flowing!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Depending on your group, you might want to look at the causes and motivations for the real Crusades (you know, money, power, land). Is your group already established or are you starting the story with the Crusade? Which side will your players be on?

Another possibility is to spur them against an awnshegh in Khinasi lands (the Serpent or the Magian come to mind). The idea of Haelynites starting a war to curtail the influence of an awnshegh, one that perhaps the glory-seeking warriors of, say, Cuiraecen continue past it's appropriate end, offers a number of story opportunities for just about any kind of party.
    My Homepage | My Livejournal
    "I understand. You have a very special relationship with Sera." - ship's captain
    "Yes. It's very special. She smiles at me alot. Often, it's with derision." - Arden Kurt

Thread Information