Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds interesting.

As a child, I have read stories about some benevolent creatures that appear in the legends. It's a collection of stories by our domestic author. Her book is known to every child in my country.

In there she had some of the creatures you mention. Vila is translated as fairy and domovoi could be the ones she calls domaci (domestic ones, dom = home). They are supposed to be a size of an imp. For vodyanoi and rusalka, I don't know what are they supposed to be, if there is any reference to them in that book. But voda means water, so vodyanoi is some sort of watery creature.

Some of the names from the book I cannot translate and I don't know what they are supposed to be. Maybe one giant, but the rest I'll have to research.

EDIT: Ah, rusalka. "In Slavic mythology, a rusalka (plural: rusalki or rusalky) was a female ghost, water nymph, succubus, or mermaid-like demon that dwelled in a waterway."
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, vodyanoi are classed as an aquatic Medium fey. Villagers near their lakes/ponds/streams are careful to give them gifts of food, etc., or else the moody creatures might cause floods or lower the water levels or scare away the fish.

Domovoi are supposed to be domestic ancestor spirits of a household, kinda like the Roman lares.

Thread Information