Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Petition to have WOTC update and continue Birthright Products

Hello All,
    So I have been playing D&D for twenty seven years and have always loved. I have all but a few of the Birthright products and have always liked it. I have GM a few games but have not been able to play. I have been playing Fourth edition and I find that I like it. I would love to see them make Birthright into a 4th edition game. They are making board games now and would love to see them make it into a board game or to see Legacy of Kings to be updated and rereleased. I'd also love to see some company kick out come PC game it would be awesome. We should do something as a community to let them know this product is still loved and we want to see them do something with it.

P.S I am looking for a current play by e-mail game if you know of any message me please, thank you.
    Last edited by Belrithalus; 01-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.
    Cocuments and SettingsjasonsLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLK75belrithalus2.jpg

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think kingdom level rules make sense in any DnD edition (3e was blessed with a few different systems). Maybe not as a rebirth Birthright, but something along the lines would be nice for 4e yes.

About the game, it was a total failure in sales, so I doubt anyone would try to pick it up really I think a Total War/EU/Civ conversion is a little more possible (although it's a huge work).

And about PbeM games, I know of three going on right now:

Empire's Twilight: http://legacyofblood.org/empiretwilight/
    Reign: http://legacyofblood.org/reign/
    Dawn of the Second Golden Age: http://brpbem.net/

I'm pretty sure there are free spots in the three of them.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With the announcement of a new system I don't think you will see a 4E version of Birthright. The boardgame idea has alot of merit.

Downloads
    Uploads

New System

So are they making a new world or are they moving to 5th edition? What new system are you talking about?
    Cocuments and SettingsjasonsLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLK75belrithalus2.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOTC are talking about a new version of D&D - http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...D-amp-D-Coming . I doubt they will revamp a world until after it is released. Most people just won't buy 4ed stuff if they know 5ed is coming.

Sorontar

ps. I'm sorry but the typo in the thread subject got to me so I fixed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

5th

Wow, after I read this I went and looked it up. This upsets me so much. So third had a six year run and fourth has a six year run. This pisses me off because I have almost every thing TSR did and all of 2nd through 4th. I have spent thousands of dollars on this over the last twenty seven years and all they care about is how they can hook wow fans to gaming. You would think they would care about the fans that have played for years.

Thier remarks about wanting to please all the fans in bull crap all they want is more money that is why they keep rebooting. Well I am not going to buy fifth, I will jion the new wave of people that just down load the PDF. maybe I need to be like my friends and stay locked in 2nd.

Come on WOTC take care of your fans and stop rebooting, just fix the issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Power of Faerun for 3rd edition had a interesting, if convoluted, system of rulership based on leadership score. While not perfect, it did attempt to cover mercantile, religious, military, and nobility as ways to power with a brief chapter on establishing your own settlement. It's a good read all and all and does have some feats that play well into that system.

Right now, the best bet I think is if WOTC would try a kickstarter program to "reboot" any campaign settings and see how that flies.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know about Power of Faerun, I'll try to get that book.

About Kickstarting Birthright, I am torn: I would love it, but I know I would go bankrupt in the process

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd be willing to donate monies for a "kickstart" of Planescape, Ravenloft, Birthright, and any of the spinoff Forgotten realms settings myself.

Administrator
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we could try to convince Rich Baker to pick it up since he is no longer working for wotc.
    I might have his personal email lying around, although it might have been lost over the years

Thread Information