Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to get this to work but it prompts me for a user name and password.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is explained in the GM documentation, in the Initial Administration part:

http://brmanager.codeplex.com/wikipa...Master%20Guide

The data you need is:

User: Administrator
    Pass: changeme/123

With that, you will be able to log as an administrator which can perform the initial tool configuration. You will need to perform a few initial steps defined in that page (it takes 5 mins to do it). After that, you will be able to log as a Game Master and start adding data and working with the tool.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After a long time, I have finished the basic documentation!

The GM Guide can be found at:

http://brmanager.codeplex.com/wikipa...=Documentation

And the Player Guide can be found at:

http://brmanager.codeplex.com/wikipa...=Documentation

Now I'll start working on version 2 which will add traits, automatic turns, economy, data validation,... I also have to fix a few things I have found while writing the guide and add a few extra things here and there (like more complex ley lines).

Any feedback on the tool it is very appreciated

This is actually a really cool tool but I'm a little dismayed that it doesn't come with any data. I'm new to Birthright so I was hoping that stuff like classes, blood abilities and skills would be there already but it's all stuff I have to fill out myself.

Is there pre-existing data out there that I can import easily?

Edit: Nevermind. I followed the instructions and found out how to import data. ^^
    Last edited by Baijiu; 06-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your kind words Baijiu!

I think the only information missing for a 2e Anuirean game are the realm spells (I'm not in my house so I can't check). I plan to add them, and also add other regions domains, provinces, and units little by little (data input is a huge and boring work).

I'm preparing a version 1.1 update, that should be up soon hopefully. It comes with a GM UI revamp, performance improvements, and it will have the options to import and export all game data (so users will be able to make backups, import their data into other computers,...).

I will also host this 1.1 version in a public website (I've already done some tests and it's working ), so people can play with the tool more easily to gather feedback.

After that, my next big goal is adding some GM support (auto-collections and the like) and there will be a Player UI revamp, as LightSwitch is adding the possibility of using HTML5 for the web interface (instead of Silverlight), which is huge, as it means players can check their domains in any device GM UI will stay in Silverlight for a while as I my time is finite and I just did a huge rework on it.

Regards!

Vicente

Any updates on this tool?

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I did not get to your email yet! I'm in Spain visiting friends, family,... and things are a little crazy

About updates. I have finished fixing the GM side, adding much more complete import capabilities, and I'm half way of exporting all game data, so people can make backups and share things.

I have also fixed a few things on the Player side (just minor stuff). My idea is to finish the export and then release the 1.1 version on Codeplex. After that, I will upload the tool to the web and self-host it so it can be used in PbeM games more easily.

No clue about when this will be up. There's very little to do left to finish the 1.1 version, but these days in Spain I have nearly no free time.

Regards!

Vicente

Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Sorry I did not get to your email yet! I'm in Spain visiting friends, family,... and things are a little crazy

About updates. I have finished fixing the GM side, adding much more complete import capabilities, and I'm half way of exporting all game data, so people can make backups and share things.

I have also fixed a few things on the Player side (just minor stuff). My idea is to finish the export and then release the 1.1 version on Codeplex. After that, I will upload the tool to the web and self-host it so it can be used in PbeM games more easily.

No clue about when this will be up. There's very little to do left to finish the 1.1 version, but these days in Spain I have nearly no free time.
    No worries. I'd definitely be willing to host and try it out for you.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmm, that's an interesting proposal My testing host was going to be over Azure, and after testing there then I would search a host for it.

The manager is a LightSwitch application, so to host it you would need Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server, and some knowledge about how to deploy it (if you have physical access to the machine, deploying it from Visual Studio is very very easy).

How does it sound?

Thread Information