Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Birthright manager tool

Hi,

for the last months I have been working on a tool to manage games of Birthright, similar in spirit to the old Birmail. The tool is nearly ready for release (at least for a first version) and I am searching for some people who would like to try it and give me their opinions and suggestions before launching it to the wild.

I am searching for the following:

- 3/4 people at most, I want a small group first.
    - People who have GM'd a PbeM. I have never run a BR game with more than 5 people, and this tool is aimed to help in PbeM or games with tens of players, so I think someone with that previous experience can give me great feedback.
    - That have some free time next week to try it seriously and if possible that use gtalk (so we can chat, it is way faster than email).
    - Tool is Windows only.

The tool comes with a Windows installer that should just be double click and done (although I suppose there will be some problems in the installer I have yet to find), and I have written some basic documentation on how to use it.

My idea is to have some feedback this coming week, and if possible fix the issues during the weekend (unless there is an overwhelming quantity of them or something fundamentally broken), and finally release it to the community the following week.

So, anyone interested? Regards!

Vicente
    Last edited by Vicente; 01-07-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder, 29 views and no answer... It is because this is not interesting, or because I asked for too much? (I hope it´s the second )

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm afraid, I can read and respond but don't have the time to play.

Sorontar

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A pity

One clarification though, the tool is a private tool: you install it in your computer and you use it yourself, it´s not a test game or a tool used by several people at the same time over internet (that can be done too, but it´s not the objective of this test ).

I suppose I could have explained myself a little better too

Downloads
    Uploads
    why not but like Sorontar, i 've not lot of time to play.

i can give you my feeling and feedback but you must to say me before about what :
    what is your tool and the around of that..for example, if your tool is for only PC not for the web, you need'nt feedback about that but only about the friendly installer on a PC machine and so on. Another example, the setting, if you said me, it's only for Brech country and Vos contry, you need'nt i say you Anuire country is missing and so on. Another example in my mind is a tool for Birthright D20 or 4th of D&D (for me, 4th is not a D&D game...) or for 2nd edition or for Pathfinder or house rule etc...so i need'nt to say you my feedback about this is better on another edition or i can say something is missing etc...).

Oh, last think:
    you said for feedback it's better by call... my english speaking/understanding not very good, so if it's to hardly for me to understand, don't worry if i prefere use writing chatroom
    Last edited by Arius Vistoon; 01-09-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice questions! Some answers:

- The tool can work as a PC tool or as a Web tool. It's the same interface, functionality,... But it's easier to test it as a PC tool, as you can just install it in your computer and play with it. For a web tool someone would need to deploy a web server, which is not cheap and quite time consuming.
    - Setting and rules questions. The tool is a tool to manage and edit data related to a game of Birthright. Most rules of Birthright are neutral to editions, and the tool does not resolve turns (yet). One example: it doesn't matter if you are playing 2e, 3e, 4e to decide if the magic potential of plains is 5.
    - With the same idea, the tool comes with some information about Anuire to test, but you could do Bretchur, Rjurik,... or Medieval Europe if you wished. The tool has provinces that form realms, their names are up to you.
    - About gtalk, I was more thinking on chatting by text than chatting by voice. My spoken english is terrible :S But chatting by text we could talk a lot of things in half an hour, an by email those things usually take longer, or are harder to explain. Of course, email can work too, it was just a preference.

I hope it clears some doubts Regards!

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok, you have your guy

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Write me to vicente dot cartas at gmail dot com and I will send you a link later (in 2-3 hours).

Downloads
    Uploads
    yesterday, i send you my first feedback.
    I hope i will be useful for you. Say me, if you need more thing/detail and so on

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have just finished answering you, huge email There are 2-3 points I didn't understand, and a few things I will change based on your comments. Thanks a lot!

Thread Information