Thread: Missing Novels

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Missing Novels

I just finished reading Shadow Stone and it got me to wondering if there was any other fiction that wasn't published that's available in another format. I downloaded Falcon and Wolf but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. Anyone know of any other stories or any material that specifically was originally BR and got changed to one of the other settings or maybe released as a fantasy non-game-setting novel?

Also on the topic of missing novels: When I was digging through old posts looking to see if my above question had already been asked, I noticed a few people mentioning that they were missing novels in their collections. The books've started showing up in my local used bookstore, about once every two weeks to a month, so if you're looking for any Birthright books still, post here to let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.
    My Homepage | My Livejournal
    "I understand. You have a very special relationship with Sera." - ship's captain
    "Yes. It's very special. She smiles at me alot. Often, it's with derision." - Arden Kurt

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I know there are no additional unpublished BR-novels. But the "Shade" topic in Troy Dennings "Summoner" Series could have taken some ideas from our setting.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads

No further novels

Quote Originally Posted by ArdenKurt
    I just finished reading Shadow Stone and it got me to wondering if there was any other fiction that wasn't published that's available in another format. I downloaded Falcon and Wolf but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. Anyone know of any other stories or any material that specifically was originally BR and got changed to one of the other settings or maybe released as a fantasy non-game-setting novel?

Also on the topic of missing novels: When I was digging through old posts looking to see if my above question had already been asked, I noticed a few people mentioning that they were missing novels in their collections. The books've started showing up in my local used bookstore, about once every two weeks to a month, so if you're looking for any Birthright books still, post here to let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.

As far as I know there are no additional unpublished BR-novels. But the "Shade" topic in Troy Dennings "Summoner" Series could have taken some ideas from our setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I'll have to look that one up.

My current BR game's other players are moving out of state , so I'm kind of looking for something to hold me over until I can find more people... I was kind of hoping there might be more stuff out there, hiding...
    "I understand. You have a very special relationship with Sera." - ship's captain
    "Yes. It's very special. She smiles at me alot. Often, it's with derision." - Arden Kurt

Downloads
    Uploads

Books?

Could someone post a list of all the books that have been printed? I'm not just talking about the stuff that has been posted on line, just the actual novels.

I have:
    War
    Iron Throne
    The one about the beginning of Endier
    The one about the Human raised by the Elf's.

Which ones am I missing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The books I know of are:
    War
    The Iron Throne
    THe Hags Contract
    The Spiders Test
    Greatheart
    The Falcon and the Wolf
    As far as I'm aware there the only ones in existance
    While 3rd edition is cool, if they had made a decent magic item creation system for 2nd ed third would never have been born :P

Sergai Sargaron: 2nd Swamp Mage and Regent of Osoerde (post Moergan revolution)

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Sellman
    Could someone post a list of all the books that have been printed? I'm not just talking about the stuff that has been posted on line, just the actual novels.

I have:
    War
    Iron Throne
    The one about the beginning of Endier
    The one about the Human raised by the Elf's.

Which ones am I missing?
    The only published novel you are missing is The Hags Contract, which is set in the pirate kingdom of Grabentod.

Falcon and Wolf is available as a free download from WotC and worth reading.

You might also want to look at Shadow Stone, which is actually a Forgotten Realms novel, but it was original a BR book and it really shows, in at least one place they forgot to change the names of the characters or places. It has a good description of life at the college of sorcery and the main character is actually the High Mage Aelies.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Shadow Stone is my new favorite BR novel (but I might be biased because HMA is one of my favorite npcs). I'm reading some of Rich Baker's other fiction right now, and it seems it won't just be Shadow Stone. I think it'll just be that he's my new favorite fantasy writer.

Thread Information