Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    I think that Vicente was actually asking from a programming perspective rather than a role-playing one

How readable is 'a distant mirror' for non-historian casual readers?
    It reads like a good novel. It is one of the best books I have ever read.
    Call me Bob.
    My website: NRGGames.org
    My game design blog: Bob's Worlds

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by arpig2 View Post
    I have only had that specific situation where it wasn't a split-vassalage sort of thing happen openly once in a BR game, and that was a very special situation. On the other hand, I have often infiltrated one of my NPC regent's lieutenants into a PC's household as a Lieutenant.

In one of my campaigns a PC's most trusted lieutenant was his general and served him loyally and well until the PC decided to invade the realm of the regent who the lieutenant actually served. The PC's downfall seemed certain and it was only the timely intervention of the other PCs that allowed the PC to come out with a stub of a realm from which to attempt to rebuild. Of course this now made them all enemies of the newly expanded NPC realm.

How you would handle that sort of thing in your tool I have no idea, but it is something that can very easily, and to my thinking - should, arise in any good BR campaign.
    Right now in my tool is not possible to handle that case: a guy can't be a lieutenant of two different rulers I have never seen this case before either in any game, but in your case, I think that saying the guy is the Lieutenant of two regents it's just flavor, as mechanically he is only the Lieutenant of the PC: he can't for example rule the law holdings of the NPC he really served without blowing his cover with the PC. The tool is more oriented towards mechanical effects, not flavor, which is better handled as free text (that's how I plan to handle it, as information blocks for the GMs, Players,...).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    he can't for example rule the law holdings of the NPC he really served without blowing his cover with the PC.
    I can't see why not myself, but then again I run a much more free form campaign where the rules are guidelines for adjudicating the success of whatever the PCs and NPCs want to do rather than a limit on what they can do. <shrug>

Right now in my tool is not possible to handle that case: a guy can't be a lieutenant of two different rulers
    See, that's just what I meant by any DM aid limiting the game. Oh well.

I think the free text block would probably be the best way to go...I have a feeling my text blocks would be so numerous and full as to become cumbersome
    Call me Bob.
    My website: NRGGames.org
    My game design blog: Bob's Worlds

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe, yeah it's all about rules interpretation mostly. I think that to Rule a Holding is something pretty public, so you can't do it without people knowing you did it. But it's up to the GM and the game really.

About text blocks, everything has at least 2 of them associated (Public and GM information), which makes as you say for a lot of text blocks. But in general in the games I have seen it's pretty similar but with forum posts: every realm has forum posts for its characters, provinces, decrees,... Instead of having tons of forum posts, you have tons of text blocks

Thread Information