Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I gather you will first see the regions flagged, then you can zoom in to see the realms, then you can zoom in to see the provinces, but you won't be restricted to just seeing provinces in one realm. It will let you see neighbouring provinces as well (so you can zoom in on Roseone, but it will show you Proudglaive and Calrie).

Looks great!

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    exactly, it will show you everything in the current viewport, based on the zoomlevel. as long as they are markers made for it.. right now on the screenshot, there is only two.. but a marker can be made for everything.. i will make tons of marker options

But i have implemented and easy way to create markers.. simply right click on the map to create a marker.
    fill in Name, Region, wikipage (statblock optional) and select its type.. and the code does the rest!

If you have missplaced a marker, you can also drag it to a new position and save it again.

I know Sinister kinda expect a slightly different kind of map, more of a domain tracking system.. but perhaps we can think about something like what after i have launched this map tool.. let people work with it and see what kind of improvements we can make!
    Last edited by Arjan; 12-01-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a main map for the site is great. I just want a sort of custom map that I can make changes to based on my campaign. But honestly, it may be just as easy as importing a file into google maps or something.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I think a main map for the site is great. I just want a sort of custom map that I can make changes to based on my campaign. But honestly, it may be just as easy as importing a file into google maps or something.
    well the map is very scalable, when i am done it is gonna be empty

I have indeed thought about it, and i think it can be scaled to make it private.

perhaps i can push it into the social groups.. that is a functionality of vbulletin, which is not being used often here on BRnet.. but you can create one that can be closed for non-invited people.. or just make it open for viewing..
    Since the creator of the social group is also the admin of that group.. i might be able to combine that with a private map specially for campaigns.

today i added over 80 map icons for the map (yes i used the cc3 ones )
    the icons are also nicely displayed to the side if there is not a heraldry icon available.

see attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, and this IS google maps i am using

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be willing to test the private map. Just let me know how, etc....

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would it be possible to query this map externally somehow? Or to populate it data externally in some way? Would be interesting maybe for the tool I´m building (no clue how easy or hard, but looks interesting).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Would it be possible to query this map externally somehow? Or to populate it data externally in some way? Would be interesting maybe for the tool I´m building (no clue how easy or hard, but looks interesting).

hmm it is probably possible.. i have built in cros reference security though, but perhaps with curl we can work something out.

the question is WHAT would you like to externally push or query?

the map is not internally linked to the wiki (wel almost), the info windows are going to be filled by the given statblock (that special forum i made a few weeks ago).. so what ever is in that statblock.. province stats, domain stats etc is placed on the map

I have discovered two new functions in adobe. Smartblur and Content Aware.. and i managed to greatly improved the cerilian map.

I wanted to upload it yesterday, but the file was to big to process (php setting, not a forum setting)
    So soon i will upload it manually and then put a link in the download section.
    The map is 5000px wide!

as for the google map, i implemented a "markercluster" .. when you have many markers close to each other they will overlap, since google dont scale them, so the solution is to cluster them. (ie 1 icon for all in the close area.. and it will display a number how many are clustered.. see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ideally, the GMs would push holdings, province levels and so on information, and the players would be able to see the map and see this information.

Or the map would be able to read the information from somewhere (I'm using SQL Server, so I don't think the map will be able to connect to that by default).

Would something like that possible?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
    Ideally, the GMs would push holdings, province levels and so on information, and the players would be able to see the map and see this information.

Or the map would be able to read the information from somewhere (I'm using SQL Server, so I don't think the map will be able to connect to that by default).

Would something like that possible?
    I dont see why it shouldnt be possible..
    The map "connects" to nothing.. it just makes a AJAX call to a page which is a generated XML page based on some parameters.

I generate the XML based on some PHP and MySQL queries.. but anything that spits out XML can be used for that yes.

Thread Information