Downloads
    Uploads

Court Level Question

See I told you I would have more questions.

1.) The court minimum level is the level of the highest non-source holding in the domain. The maximum is the level of the province where the seat of power is.

Now on page 3 of Chapter 5 under the Palaces section it states that "For each level a palace has, add 1 to the regent’s effective court level, as long as he spends at least as many GB maintaining his court."

And on page 4 of Chapter 5 under the Courts section it states that "A palace allows a regent to exceed their normal court maximum by +1 per level of the palace."

So if I am ruling a level 4 province with a level 4 temple in it my court level must be 4 and cost me 4 GB per domain turn in maintenance. However if I have a level 1 palace in my seat of power does that mean:

a) That I can maintain a level 4 court by only spending 3 GB thereby fulfilling the minimum court level requirement.
    b) That I have to pay the full 4 GB by my court is considered a level 5 court.
    c) Both are possible.

2.) The table on page 4 of Chapter 5 has overlapping values for the court value. A court of value 4 is listed on the Average and Good level. Is that intentional, allowing for a DM call on it, or is it a typo?
    The Forge Administrator

Downloads
    Uploads
    1.) The court minimum level is the level of the highest non-source holding in the domain. The maximum is the level of the province where the seat of power is.

Now on page 3 of Chapter 5 under the Palaces section it states that "For each level a palace has, add 1 to the regent’s effective court level, as long as he spends at least as many GB maintaining his court."

And on page 4 of Chapter 5 under the Courts section it states that "A palace allows a regent to exceed their normal court maximum by +1 per level of the palace."

So if I am ruling a level 4 province with a level 4 temple in it my court level must be 4 and cost me 4 GB per domain turn in maintenance. However if I have a level 1 palace in my seat of power does that mean:

a) That I can maintain a level 4 court by only spending 3 GB thereby fulfilling the minimum court level requirement.
    b) That I have to pay the full 4 GB by my court is considered a level 5 court.
    c) Both are possible.

a) is correct. As long as you are paying at least the palace level in court maintenance (i.e., in the case shown a level 4 province with a level 4 temple – if the court is maintained at least at level 1 it is treated as if it was a level 2 (+1 for palace), what I mean is that you add +1 to the effective level of the court. If it was a level 2 court it would be treated as a level 3 one, a level 3 court would be treated as a level 4 one, etc.

Note however that you are not “required” to maintain any court level. The “expected” level is listed but really has no in-game penalties associated with it. The higher level the court (or equivalent court level) the more actions that the court can perform which frees up the regent to perform other actions. Note that at a 0-level court the regent must expend a standard action in order to perform even the simplest court action (i.e., he must personally perform the action).

2.) The table on page 4 of Chapter 5 has overlapping values for the court value. A court of value 4 is listed on the Average and Good level. Is that intentional, allowing for a DM call on it, or is it a typo?

There are typos in the table. The pattern should be by 2’s. That is:

0: Minimal court

1-2: Quaint court

3-4: Average court

5-6: Good court

7-8: Excellent court

9-10: Opulent court

11+: World class court
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks irdeggman.