Mhoried Timeline

I previously posted stating that I could not find a Mhoried Timeline. I have found one in my old files I have no idea where it is from, who created it, or how accurate it is, but here it is.

-515 HC The Flight from Shadow. The human tribes of Aduria begin their migration to Cerilia. The Mhora, Third House of the Andu tribe, arrive and settle in the lands that will become Mhoried.
    -508 HC The first recorded Mhor, Maglan, swears before the Red Oak.
    -400 HC Height of the gheallie Sidhe. The Mhora fight against the elves and the goblin-kingdom of Kar-Durgar.
    -166 HC The Mhora raze Kar-Durgar, finally defeating the goblins. The lands between the Stonebyrn and the Maesil become known as Mhoried.
    -2 HC War of Shadow opens, as Azrai’s forces begin an assault on all of Cerilia.
    0 HC Battle of Deismaar; Mhor Daegan slain in battle, but his son Raedan touched by the divine power.
    1 HC Upon taking the oaths before the Red Oak, Mhor Raedan forges the link between Mhor and land.
    70 HC Mhor Endira, granddaughter of Raedan, offers allegiance to Boeric Roele, formally incorporating Mhoried in the Anuirean Empire.
    71 HC Birth of Thendiere Mhoried, son of Endira and Boeric. The Mhoried claim to the Iron Throne is traced through him.
    229 HC Prince Raesene, the Gorgon, launches an invasion of Anuire that is repelled along the line of the Maesil.
    500 HC Height of the Anuirean Empire.
    502 HC The Gorgon attempts another invasion but fails to force the pass through Caerlinien in Cariele.
    556 HC Mhor Ulmaeric ascends to the throne. He becomes a powerful and unscrupulous sorcerer.
    568 HC Ulmaeric deposed by his sister, the Princess Fhiliera. She institutes practice of Mhorien heirs training with the Knights Guardian.
    947 HC Emperor Hadrian Roele dies; Archduke Arwyn Boeruine attempts to seize the throne from Michael Roele, precipitating the War of Succession. Mhor Raedan III supports Michael’s claim.
    959 HC Battle of Caer Daulton ends the War of Succession.
    970 HC/ Death of Michael Roele in the Gorgon’s Crown;
    0 MR Mhor Raedan escapes from Battle of Kal-Saitharak. Beginning of Michaeline Reckoning.
    65 MR Mhor Caelwyn leads expeditionary force to aid Cariele against goblins of Thurazor.
    77 MR Mhor Oervyn fortifies Torien’s Watch.
    399 MR The Barony of Ghoere is formed from the old states of Ghieste and Bhalaene.
    460 MR Birth of Gaelin Mhoried.
    471 MR Baron Noered Tuorel comes to power in Ghoere.
    476 MR Daen Roesone declares independence from Diemed.
    484 MR Ghoere invades Elinie.
    486 MR War between Ghoere and Mhoried, death of Mhor Daeric I. Beginning of the reign of Gaelin the Restorer.
    528 MR Gaelin Mhoried steps down in favor of his oldest son, Daeric II.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it was in the Novel "The Falcon & the Wolf"

that's what I thought originally but I've been all through that and can't find it in there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to the Mhorien timeline, the tribe of the Mhora has had an uniterrupted leadership since -508 HC. Since Mhor Endira offered her allegiance to Boeric Roele (her lover) yet kept the title of Mhor, does that imply that the tribe of the Mhora was not turned into serfs?

The way I see it, and a way to rationalize the irregulars as levy, is that the Mhora remained in a society that was similar to the Franks after their arrival to France/Germany - a society of free men, not lords and serfs.

It would be rather unique in Anuire, and it would explain the low law holdings in Mhoried, as well as the "volunteer" soldiers, i.e. the free men summoned to fulfill their duty. The Mhor would be more of a semi-tribal leader, ruling by consent of his people as much as much as by the power of hereditary tradition.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is on page 313 & 314 of the Falcon and Wolf pdf.

However, I do believe that the one you have posted is exactly the same as the one from the novel, so that is most likely where it came from. It is the official timeline of Mhoried.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Greetings, I decided to register and reply to this message because I am currently running my own Birthrights campaign. I felt it'd be a good idea to share with you some events that I wrote into the timeline of Mhoried in order to further flesh out that countrys identity (Also, its a major plot point for one of the stories that I wrote for the campaign).

I'd put my additions in bold. Mind you these are seperate events that don't directly affect the "bigger picture", in order to preserve the overall storyline of Cerilia.

-515 HC The Flight from Shadow. The human tribes of Aduria begin their migration to Cerilia. The Mhora, Third House of the Andu tribe, arrive and settle in the lands that will become Mhoried.
    -508 HC The first recorded Mhor, Maglan, swears before the Red Oak.
    -400 HC Height of the gheallie Sidhe. The Mhora fight against the elves and the goblin-kingdom of Kar-Durgar.
    -166 HC The Mhora raze Kar-Durgar, finally defeating the goblins. The lands between the Stonebyrn and the Maesil become known as Mhoried.
    -2 HC War of Shadow opens, as Azrai’s forces begin an assault on all of Cerilia.
    0 HC Battle of Deismaar; Mhor Daegan slain in battle, but his son Raedan touched by the divine power.
    1 HC Upon taking the oaths before the Red Oak, Mhor Raedan forges the link between Mhor and land.
    70 HC Mhor Endira, granddaughter of Raedan, offers allegiance to Boeric Roele, formally incorporating Mhoried in the Anuirean Empire.
    71 HC Birth of Thendiere Mhoried, son of Endira and Boeric. The Mhoried claim to the Iron Throne is traced through him.
    229 HC Prince Raesene, the Gorgon, launches an invasion of Anuire that is repelled along the line of the Maesil.
    235 HC The Shield of Mhoried, a castle-keep built into a mountainside in the northeast corner of Mhoried, is founded to guard against further attacks from the Gorgon.
    450 HC Assuming that the threat from the Gorgon has waned, the Mhor turns over ownership of the Shield to a local fighters guild, charging them with protection of the pass
    480 HC Mordiel Vordhuine, heir to the long lost Vhorde bloodline, is born in a poor farming village.
    495 HC Mordiel joines the Watchmen.

500 HC Height of the Anuirean Empire.
    501 HC The Gorgon convinces the Goblin King of the Five Peaks to sack the Shield. The Goblin King, driven by greed and promises of power, presses his armies into Mhoried, cutting a path across the country until he reaches the Shield.
    501 HC: Mid year. The Siege of the Shield begins. Maloer, acting captain of the Shield, mans the defenses with a company of elite warriors, one thousand strong. Having once fully been a part of the Mhoriedian army, the Shield was now home to the regional fighters guild called the Watchmen of Mhoried.
    501 HC: End of the year. The defenders of the Shield fight to the bitter end, and inflict a heavy toll on the Goblin army. Both armies grind each other down. Maloer is killed in the battle after having slain one hundred of the foul creatures. The Eyeless One splits the mountain in half, completely obliterating any traces of the once-powerful keep. The Goblin King duels the last survivor of the Keep, Mordiel Vordhuine. The Goblin King is slain, and the one known as Mordiel vanishes from history. This event is now known as the Battle of Maloer's Gap, and the location is now known as Maloer's Gap. The details have nearly vanished from public memory due to the events in the following years. Only the tales of a great battle and the splitting of the Gap remain in local folklore.

502 HC The Gorgon attempts another invasion but fails to force the pass through Caerlinien in Cariele.
    556 HC Mhor Ulmaeric ascends to the throne. He becomes a powerful and unscrupulous sorcerer.
    568 HC Ulmaeric deposed by his sister, the Princess Fhiliera. She institutes practice of Mhorien heirs training with the Knights Guardian.
    947 HC Emperor Hadrian Roele dies; Archduke Arwyn Boeruine attempts to seize the throne from Michael Roele, precipitating the War of Succession. Mhor Raedan III supports Michael’s claim.
    959 HC Battle of Caer Daulton ends the War of Succession.
    970 HC/ Death of Michael Roele in the Gorgon’s Crown;
    0 MR Mhor Raedan escapes from Battle of Kal-Saitharak. Beginning of Michaeline Reckoning. It should also be noted that a traveling mercenary, wearing the red and black surcoat of the Watchmen, has been spotted wandering across the Heartlands. He will continue to make appearances in various tales in the coming years, and eventually he will be known as the Traveler.
    65 MR Mhor Caelwyn leads expeditionary force to aid Cariele against goblins of Thurazor.
    77 MR Mhor Oervyn fortifies Torien’s Watch.
    399 MR The Barony of Ghoere is formed from the old states of Ghieste and Bhalaene.
    460 MR Birth of Gaelin Mhoried.
    471 MR Baron Noered Tuorel comes to power in Ghoere.
    476 MR Daen Roesone declares independence from Diemed.
    484 MR Ghoere invades Elinie.
    486 MR War between Ghoere and Mhoried, death of Mhor Daeric I. Beginning of the reign of Gaelin the Restorer.
    528 MR Gaelin Mhoried steps down in favor of his oldest son, Daeric II.

Actually, I'm just posting this to see what you all think.

edit: Keep in mind that this was written base off of information inside the Ruins of Empire book. If any official history has been written in relation to the noted areas please let me know.

edit2: I didn't realise the actual Birthright devs posted here. Did you guys actually put the campaign togeather origionally? If so, good job! Its easily one of the most well written and involved campaign settings I've played. I also enjoy lots of history and background, which Birthright has in spades! I've been slowly collecting the books off of Amazon.com for the past two years or so. In fact, I just recieved the Blood Enemies book a couple of days ago.
    Last edited by Mordiel; 08-18-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordiel
    edit2: I didn't realise the actual Birthright devs posted here. Did you guys actually put the campaign togeather origionally? If so, good job! Its easily one of the most well written and involved campaign settings I've played. I also enjoy lots of history and background, which Birthright has in spades! I've been slowly collecting the books off of Amazon.com for the past two years or so. In fact, I just recieved the Blood Enemies book a couple of days ago.
    The Birthright Developer title refers to those of us who worked on the BRCS (available as a free download from this site) not the developers of the original campaign material (they're all busy on FR stuff these days it seems). The Birthright Developers head up the current projects being worked on here at Birthright.net (irdeggman looks after the revised BRCS and I look after the Atlas of Cerilia).
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Highland Mhor

In reply to the comparison of Mhoried to early frankish society, I feel there is a greater similarity to medeival scotland. The highlands obviously have a communal/clan structure as seen in the novels and the rest of the realm has a lowland/feudal structure. At least this is how I have used it in my campaign and I guess the most telling bit of flavor is the title of "the Mohr" used by some clan cheiftans. It adds great flavor to Anuire to give some of it's areas differences in culture and since I use miniatures to fight out the battles, a couple of units of kilted claymore bearing irregulars really puts the fear of Haelyn (or Eric) into gobbo hearts. As another note, I have the highlanders use an archaic form of Andu which sounds strangly like a poor scottish accent done by a yank GM who has had too much cheap scotch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raesene Andu
    The Birthright Developer title refers to those of us who worked on the BRCS (available as a free download from this site) not the developers of the original campaign material (they're all busy on FR stuff these days it seems).
    Or our main man Rich Baker (BR creator) - being large and in charge.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information