Glad to see the new BR.net forums.

Im working on a PBeM domain game set in the Northwestern part of the Great Bay. You can check it out at http://xsorbit28.com/users5/nesirefans/index.php (althought still tons of behind the DMs screen work to do before anywhere near starting)

Related to that online domain scale game I am developing a few houserules. I am trying to stick to the BRCS for the most part. But I trying to make a select few houserules which are simple, balanced, and add alot to the flavor of the game.

The first Im posting here is a Raid action. It is intended to give goblins, pirates, rjurik raiders, the gorgon, and other rough sorts an outlet for agression short of full-scale invasion and pillaging down province levels. Its power scale and mechanism are closely based on the contest action. In fact, it can be thought of as 'contest from next door...with a military unit.'

-------
Raid [Standard/Realm; Warcraft; 1 GB]
This action targets one holding, province, or trade route held by an opposing regent. The DC for the domain action check is 10 plus the level of the targeted holding. Any law holdings in the province can oppose or support your raid. Source holdings cannot be raided. To perform this action you need active military units in an adjacent province (or carried by ship for a coastal seaborne raid). This action functions much like the contest action. RP can be spent just as with a contest action.

On a successful check against a holding, you reduce the income of the raided holding or province by 1d6 GB; if this would reduce the income to less than zero only the total seasonal income is lost not more. Any income lost by the target becomes yours.

Failure of the domain action check means that you have not succeded in your raid. Any military units used to conduct the raid must enter combat with the province defenses. Unless special circumstances exist, a quick and dirty few rounds will be conducted. The first round all active defending units attack, then the raider counterattacks. The second round all active and garrisoned defending units attack, then the raider counterattacks. Combat will then typically end with the raider's withdrawl. If all defenders are destroyed, the raider may collect 1d6 GB and retreat, attempt to stay in the province, or attempt to move thru the province to raid a further one.

Realm action: As a standard action, Raid affects one target holding, trade route, or the province levels themselves. This action can be supported by court actions to affect the scope of an entire realm. For each court action spent, an additional holding, trade route, or province's levels can be targeted. Each raid target must have at least one active unit commited, and costs 1GB. Success rolls and costs (including RP bidding) are calculated separately for each target. However, failure of any one raid in a province results in all military units raiding in that province to come under attack. If a raiding unit was successful, but comes under attack because of the failure of another, then it still has its 1d6 GB. That rich unit may be destroyed in the combat and the GBs recovered by your target. But if the unit survives the combat, then it makes it home with the GBs.

Full action: By using a character action in support of a raid, your regent or a Lt. can make a raid a full action. Every five ranks of Warcraft provide a +1 bonus to the domain action check. If multiple Raid's are conducted in a realm action, only one Raid receives this bonus.
-------

Let me know what you think. It isnt the most realistic or complicated raid action, but previous realistic versions I created were a bit too easy to break.