Thread: New BRnet forum

Downloads
    Uploads

New BRnet forum

Hi all,
    As you might have noticed we got a new forum installed.

The reason for this was that the old forum was sucking up way to much processor time.

I considdered using a free forum, but none were having the ability to convert the old IPB forum to the free software.

Therefor I have chosen for a payed solution. Which is proven to be a stable forum software for large communities.

I have payed it again from my own pocket (also the former IPB license) and so far the folowing people have also donated a contribution to it.
    • Duane Eggert (irdeggman)
    • Michael Mead

vBulletin license cost 160$ plus and additional 30$ every year.

So if you are willing to support this community, please send any contribution through paypal to: arjan AT birthright.net
    Last edited by BRadmin; 07-13-2005 at 03:15 PM. Reason: updating donation list

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing - many of the attachments to posts from the old boards didn't make the transition to the new one.

I would ask that if you made a post with an attachment that you make an attempt to reattach it, as long as you feel it is still relevent. Arjan can't do this - he has other things to do which take higher priority, like getting the mailserv back up and working and then working on the remainder of the site. These are things he has already communicated to me he is working on so it is not something I am postulating.

I'm going to go throught the pinned BRCS attachments and redo them. This will take a while to do, so please have patience - it will get done - I promise.
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the attachments issue. It would appear that the file size for uploading attachments is set too low (around 40kb) so files like the Online City Project (for example) which are in the 100-300kb range will not upload.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can this size be changed or is it fixed by the service/software?

It is a bit small for most things. I can't even upload zipped word version of the BRCS chapters let alone pdf versions.
    Last edited by irdeggman; 07-16-2005 at 07:04 PM.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information