Downloads
    Uploads
    It occured to me the other day that 2005 is, in fact, the 10th anniversary of the Birthright setting's publication. A further review on Amazon.com reveals that the boxed set was published on June 1, 1995 - the anniversary of which was a little over two weeks ago. Given that the last physical product was published all the way back in 1997, I think we've done remarkably well in keeping things alive and going.
    As for myself, I was first introduced to the setting when in August 1995 I saw the boxed set on sale at the local toy/hobby store. Being quite the roleplaying geek and being rather interested in politics, strategy and war games and the like, I was immediately interested and picked it up - finding, much to my pleasure, that not only was there the chance to rule and direct the fate of a nation (as opposed to simply conquering everything like in a computer game) but the setting was the best I had seen come out of TSR. I started lurking around the online community in late 1996 and actively participating in it in the spring of 98.
    As I recall, I bought the boxed set in the week before I started my freshman year of high school, back at the age of 14. In the ensuing decade, I've graduated from both high school and college - so from my point of view its been quite a long time and much has changed.

Just thought I'd make a little post to acknowledge it's been 10 years now since this all started...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! 10 years...

I, too, bought it when it first came out. I actually pre-ordered it when I read some insert about it in another product I purchased. As for changes in 10 years... gads, let's not go there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10 years is a long time...I wonder how many hours I've spent on BR-related activities during that decade. Probably many more than any sane person would have

Looking forward to another BR decade

B
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless_leader
    As I recall, I bought the boxed set in the week before I started my freshman year of high school

Egad. I bought it my junior year of college. Now I feel old...
    My Homepage | My Livejournal
    "I understand. You have a very special relationship with Sera." - ship's captain
    "Yes. It's very special. She smiles at me alot. Often, it's with derision." - Arden Kurt

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really 10 years, my oh my.

I can remember were i bought all the books i did too, the glory days when Virgin Megastores used to stock all the TSR materials, over here in the UK.

*Misty eyes* AHHHH the sweet, sweet past.

Downloads
    Uploads

1995?!

I had no idea that the game was brand-new when I first started playing it. That's a shocker!

I'm in your age group, ArdenKurt. 'Glad I'm not in my 20's anymore. Those years always suck, in retrospect.

Thread Information