Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anybody have the new "Heroes of Battle" Sourcebook from WoC? Is
    there something useful for a Birthright Campaign?

The preview looks interesting.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=produ...ndacc/860900000
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm reading it right now.
    It's an interesting (maybe "must be") book for a BIRTHRIGHT fans.
    Some rules from HoB can be (maybe "should be") used in BIRTHRIGHT battlesystem, eg. 200 ft. battlefield square (distance that armored soldier can move in a one minute).

HoB is compatibile with Miniatures.

I'll update our upcoming "Strongholds" pdf series to be compatibile with HoB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I read it.

Could be good, but IMO it is pretty incomplete as far as battles go. I was disappointed and expected more.

There is some good info for siege engines and the like, but the battle system seems to rely on the Minatures Handbook as far as I can tell (that is a book I don't have though).

The size of units also leaves something to be desired.

Units folow the squad = 10 plus a corporal, platoon = 2 or more squads, etc.

But nothing really says how to handle things at the squad level. It appears (I say only appears since I haven't found something to make it otherwise) that things are resolved at the individual level vice a unit level.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think only some solutions from HoB can be used at BIRTHRIGHT, not the whole system, which is (not suprisingly) about "My PCs are on the battlefield, how I handle with all the rest?".
    I agree that Siege Weapons Chapter (with this volleys of arrows) is very good and inspiring. There are no rockets and bombards there, it's a pitty because medieval Chinesse and Europeasn durning the end of the One Hundred Years War used it (accordingly).

Thread Information