Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

Your recent announcement about a BR d20 book may have been intended as a joke, but missed the mark - there's a constant rumour about the upcoming release of such a book.

Now, is there any thruth about this or not?

*The Voice of several desperate fans*

Rafael

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was a couple of birthright games being done by people but they were all put on the back burner indefinatly and i will be surprised if they ever get a release unfortunatly. One of them had the front art that is now on heroes of fantasy so that one is likely dead.

I hope not i would like a hardback birthright book but i will believe it when i see it.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's a shame!

But thank you for the info...

Now, as the book was announced this month on ENWorld, too, one may assume that either this joke got to far or there is indeed something coming up.

BTW, what is *heroes of fantasy*?

Downloads
    Uploads
    heroes of fantasy is a book that has just come out dont know much about it it is a mongoose book with a collection of powerclasses and nothing to do with birthright.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    dont read enworld but i hope there is a release i will be keeping my eye open.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    But sadly, nothing concrete...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had just noticed that announcement on Enworld (thanks for pointing it out).

I sent them an e-mail pointing out the date of the announcement and requesting they check on things prior to blindly posting them.

I have heard of nothing that would lend credence to Arjan's Apr 1 announcment (since he hasn't posted confirmation of it being a prank yet, hint hint ).

I have only been approached concerning 1 BR publishing project. That was a 2nd ed thing that fell through. When we were putting together the BRCS-playtest there was talk of some publishers attempting to put together a package to buy the license from BR WotC, but evidently WotC wasn't going to sell it cheap enough. I believe they were learning from their expereince with Ravenloft. I would imagine that something concerning the d20 project woud somehow come to me in some manner, even if only to question what is OGC, etc. on the BRCS.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked on mongooses site and they say that they still intend to release there game called bloodlines which is a birthright type game but not birthright. However it says that it wont be released till at the very earliest next year.

the other one mention was the second ed hackmaster or whatever it was havn't heard about that at all so it is surely dead.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads
    The announcement that BRnets joined authors aquired the BR rights to publish new material in the near future was indeed an april fools joke as many suspected.

After EN world published it on their website i wanted to add a response to this thread, but due to an unsuspected server move (again!) i was unable to reply any sooner.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Arjan@Jun 13 2005, 10:13 AM
    The announcement that BRnets joined authors aquired the BR rights to publish new material in the near future was indeed an april fools joke as many suspected.

After EN world published it on their website i wanted to add a response to this thread, but due to an unsuspected server move (again!) i was unable to reply any sooner.

Arjan
    Arjan,

I'm glad that the servers are back up and working (on new ones - hopefully it won't happen again, but who can say with Hardware?)

I'm disappointed that it was an April Fool's Joke (I missed it the first time around - but caught the EN World reprise.), but certainly glad that BR.net is back up

Dave Weinberg
    "Lysander"
    Lysander
    Defender of the Second Edition
    Junior Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D

Thread Information