Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of starting a small campaign run primarily over Fantasy Grounds. I have some questions for those who have DM'd games like this in the past.

1. How do you track domains? Do you do it primaily on paper, XL spreadsheets? I am messing around with an Access dB but it seems like an awful lot of work.

2. How do you calculate regency accumulation for domains that you've been ignoring, assuming that you only perform domain actions on a few NPC domains every turn?

3. How often do players tend to adventure in a computer format? Do Birthright games of this nature generally just become strategic wargames or can I expect players to constanly adventure thus making running a campaign a 40 hr job?

4. How do you track ley lines and roads?

Thanks,

Chaindog

Downloads
    Uploads
    In a message dated 5/11/05 4:30:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< 1. How do you track domains? Do you do it primaily on paper, XL

spreadsheets? I am messing around with an Access dB but it seems like an awful lot of

work. >>

I use both paper and a program called "Seneschal." It`s probably in the

downloads hereabouts.

<< 2. How do you calculate regency accumulation for domains that you`ve been

ignoring, assuming that you only perform domain actions on a few NPC domains

every turn? >>

Either let it remain static (adjusted from the last time you activated

them), or assume they`ve built back up to wherever they started.

<< 3. How often do players tend to adventure in a computer format? Do

Birthright games of this nature generally just become strategic wargames or can I

expect players to constanly adventure thus making running a campaign a 40 hr

job? >>

I can`t answer the first one, and for the second, IMC, yes. I have not

yet convinced a player to actively take up a domain-- but once the rest of the

party drafted a player character into becoming ruler (and he handed it off to

a suitable NPC ASAP). I have hopes for my current party.

<< 4. How do you track ley lines and roads? >>

On paper.

Lee.

Seneschal? Do you have a link for that program? For if it is easier at keeping records than Word and Excel, it would be a blessing.

Thanks
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used excel sheets that were tailored to domain and character. They had cross links so that I entered the new info on the province and it showed up on the appropriate characters&#39; sheets.

Ley lines were done separately though.

I had used a random dice for the amount of RP an NPC regent would use against a PC regent&#39;s action. d4 for slight resistance up to d20 plus 5 for those that were really opposed. Most were either d4 or d6 though.

NPC realms not in the region in question were mostly kept static with an occasional update when itwas time for "things to happen" like an overthrow of a ruler or so.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information