Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everybody,

I'm new to this board and this site. I've played the Birthright computer game a lot, and still do, whenever I can get it to work. But I'd like to try the real thing with some of my friends.

Is there anywhere I can get hold of a digital copy of the Birthright Rulebook? Please excuse me if I've missed some obvious download on this site. I've looked and found a lot of usefull stuff, but the basics and the rules don't seem to be available anywhere.

Can anyone help me?

Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, welcome to Birthright! It's an awesome setting for an RPG - adventure, politics, magic, war...it's a great time.

If you're looking for the original 2nd edition BR rulebook, then I'd check around on the Internet, either you can try to buy a hardcopy on ebay, or do a search for .pdf versions (there are many for sale, possibly via shareware).
    The BR.net folks put a 3rd edition conversion document, the BRCS, about 2 years ago. Officially, it's only a playtest version, and since 3.5 came out, we've been wrangling over a very thorough revision of it.

The BRCS doc should be in the downloads section, and I know it's also available for downloading in the official Announcements forum (and multiple other places in the forums). It's a complete ruleset for 3rd edition rules, and is a very good job overall.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Osprey

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot, Osprey. I finally found what I'm looking for I think. The links in the Official Announcements forum didn't work for me, but I found it in the downloads section. Hope I've downloadet the right document. I went to this URL http://www.birthright.net/download.php?list.11 and downloaded the .pdf document. I'll get readin soon, and thanks again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is somewhere else to try:

http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...showtopic=3003

It is the Latest version of the BRCS by chapter in the pinned section of the BRCS discussion section.

It includes the "sanctioned" versions of Chap 1 and 2 as well as the link to the download of the BRCS-playtest.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks,

My main interest in Birthright is the mixture og strategy and role-playing in the rules. The more I read, the more I like the setting too, but I'm hoping to be able to convert the rules to fit my own setting, and run a Regent Campaign with the players someday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay,

Just today I found the original 2ndEdition campaign setting boxed set in a gaming store here in Copenhagen. It contains all the original material, and the previous owner had even thrown in Player's Secrets of Ilien. Next to that I also bought The Book Magecraft and Blood Enemies. The two books were a little worn, but the boxed set doesn't even look used. So I'm a happy man.

The only thing missing from the boxed set are the battle cards. I have the poster battle map, but the cards are missing. I only have the awnsheighlin battle cards, from Blood Enemies.

Did these cards originally come with the box? Is there any legal way to find them on the internet? I realise they're not completely necessary, but I'd still like to have them in one form or another.

You can also try playing PBEMs(play by email).They are pretty much the same thing as tabletop,except you do it online(lots more people involved that way),and with stuff like excel spreadsheets calculations have never been easier.

Theres a thread about one on this page of the forum i believe.Try it out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a set of battle cards that comes in the boxed set. Various

other boxed sets include additional specialized cards.

On 5/2/05, Question <brnetboard@birthright.net> wrote:

> This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/ind...=ST&f=2&t=3071

>

> Question wrote:

> You can also try playing PBEMs(play by email).They are pretty much the same thing as tabletop,except you do it online(lots more people involved that way),and with stuff like excel spreadsheets calculations have never been easier.

>

> Theres a thread about one on this page of the forum i believe.Try it out.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some people, including me, may offer to send you a set of battle

cards. Really, it`s just a method to find your address. Many of us

will saw off our right arm to learn the location of a Book of

Magecraft.
    NOTE: Messages posted by Birthright-L are automatically inserted posts originating from the mailing list linked to the forum.

Downloads
    Uploads

Really? I didn&#39;t know it was hard to come by. As I wrote, I&#39;m very new to this. But since I live in Denmark, I guess I&#39;m at least somewhat safe from having Birthright fans sneaking into my home at night to steal my books. I hope.

I haven&#39;t read it yet, but I&#39;ll get to it soon. I&#39;m guessing you were kidding about sending the cards. Hopefully I&#39;ll find some someday in a gaming store. I can&#39;t really use the awnsheighlien cards without a set of normal ones.

About PBEMs. How does it work? Does everyone receive an update email from the DM once in a while, an then send their responses back? It must be quite a job being GM in a big campaign.

Thread Information