Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Teleport in BR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I've always thought Kalien's level in the Atlas far too low given his extensive and accomplished record of plotting, diplomacy, and espionage. It's like the designers were saying, "Well, he hasn't really gotten out and killed many monsters, so where would he get the XP?" Silly.
    I think that was more based around how proficiencies used to work, since they had nothing to do with level really, just talent. Kalien's levels were as a theif, and I would imagine these days he mostly has other people do the "dirty work" for him. Of course now there's classes like the expert for sheer skill advancement so he should probably bump a bit

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, and one important thing...not every mage is supposed to know teleport. Only because the spell is in the player's handbook in doesn't mean is a spell everyone know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    oh, and one important thing...not every mage is supposed to know teleport. Only because the spell is in the player's handbook in doesn't mean is a spell everyone know.
    But when it's a spell that any mage in his right mind would want to know, it's guaranteed to become relatively common as 5th-level spells go. The ability to teleport is such a huge advantage in so many situations...it is very obviously (IMO) one of the first spells a mage would try to learn when they hit 9th or 10th level.

Hence my desire to temper its power and at least make it more risky.

Thread Information