Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

First of all I must admit that I have never been to these fora before, and I have never played a proper game of Birthright (although I have once played an adaptation of some variety).

My question is: has anyone has ever played the game 'Europa Universalis 2'? Well, if anyone has you will know that it has a province based structure which, on a superficial level is quite similar in look to Birthright.

Someone has now figured out how to alter the EU2 map, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in attempting a modification to make a scenario based on Birthright?

The EU2 game can be picked up for next to nothing right now (in the UK I purchased it for £7.49 from Amazon.co.uk) so it could potentialy be a useful addition to your community...

Of couse, if one uses the maps of cerillia then there are potentialy copyright issues which I would rather avoid (perhaps someone could advise on the legal status of this?), however I have seen the impressive world map of Aebrynis, upon which a map could be based.

Anyway, I just thought I would put this out here and see what the response was. Anyone wanting more infomation on EU2 would be well advised to visit the Paradox Fora at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...splay.php?f=51
    (which were unfortunatly offline at the time I first posted, but are back up now )

Best Wishes

Neil Tarrant

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes indeed. I used to play EU 2 a couple years ago. I havn't actually picked it up in a while though. Of late, I've been playing Crusader Kings, by the same company, which would be a much better fit for the setting I believe (of course, one would need to find out how to alter that map).

I do not believe a BR mod for EU 2 would be legally out of the question. My impression of things is that the BR community is allowed to produce these kinds of things so long as they don't make any money off of it. After all, people make all kinds of mods for all sorts of games.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never played Crusader King ? Is there a possibility to create mods in that game ?

About EU 2, which I know a little bit, I am not sure it would be possible to transfer such important BR points as magic and bloodlines in EU2, but if you have some mod-creation knowledge to share, well that's pretty interesting !

Downloads
    Uploads
    One can mod CK really easily; and could model bloodline via inheritance, but not neccesarily by bloodtheft. However the map is as yet fixed to one of medieval Europe.

It is true that it would be essentialy impossible to model bloodlines in EU2 (although it would be possible to have infinite age rulers ), and similaly for magic.

The question is; would people want a game which has a Birthright map, cultures, religions and events adapted to Birthright, but no bloodline or magic? [Well, there would be an abstract representation via events].

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's pretty hard to find a game which can be modified and which would allow us to reproduce some specific BR traits, like the interaction between ruling and roleplaying.

Have anyone played to the last editions of Heroes of Might & Magic ? It's been a long time since I've not taken a look at these games; have they improved ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I´m Newbie here too -but what really intersts is where to play-online and not just post e-mail games (we´re about 4,023 members&#33 :angry:

Not sure if there are any online games, I assume you mean ones in a chat room? You could always start one.
    "Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made." --Tibullus

"Qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum." --Vegetius

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing sooner than war." --Homer

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I want to see is Birthright: Total War.

Oh yeah...that would be the ultimate engine, such an easy adapatation if they wanted to do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, a friend told me that one can "write" a campaign for the Total War series by scripting and adding the maps...

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing that really leaps out at me that would be difficult based on my understanding of the the total war series is the implementation of domain magic spells.......... but yeah... I can see my Anuirean lonbowman firing arrows into hordes of vile orcs & gobbies so many that the sky is blackened and the sun hidden from view..... oh yes.... it would be absolutely grand!!
    0=[=====>
    Lord Valkyr, Duke of Aragon

Thread Information