Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Army cards?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to throw some new army cards at my players not just penciled in stats on a
    index card.I don't like the looks the players give when I put a stat only army card on the field.Without the picture it's says DM's fake armies. I remember seeing a dragon army card on the internet once but I can't find it now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow... good request. A few years back there was a German member (who's name I can't remember) who had a website (addy lost) with a bunch of professional looking battle cards. It was just what you were looking for.

Alas, I have none of the details left in my head or computer. Perhaps someone else in the forum can help you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is something simple to do: just find a sketch or whatnot of what you like to present (halberdiers, heavilly armoured and barded cavalry, crossbowmen, longbowmen, and so on, use the old cards as guidelines for the card layout, then print them onto hard, heavy paper, or thin cardboard!

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 09:42 PM 2/27/2005 +0100, RaspK_FOG wrote:

>This is something simple to do: just find a sketch or whatnot of what you

>like to present (halberdiers, heavilly armoured and barded cavalry,

>crossbowmen, longbowmen, and so on, use the old cards as guidelines for

>the card layout, then print them onto hard, heavy paper, or thin cardboard!

I used little cut out 1" x 1" squares cut out of cardstock paper with unit

#`s on them rather than a larger, playing card sized version with the stats

for units kept on a separate sheet along with damage and temporary bonuses,

etc. It worked surprisingly well so long as nobody goes nuts and slams a

door or anything sending the whole battle fluttering off the table onto the

carpet.... (A penny taped to the underside of the chits kept that from

being much of a problem.)

G

Downloads
    Uploads
    One army card i need is the magian's riders.I figured someone had made some good looking warcards for their own campains like drow,kobold,spider,wight,or a army of constructs.Large creatures that could pass for a army card.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to see some, too. I made a few cards that I think look professional but I have to boot up my old PC and look for them. It's been a while since I've played BR though.

If I find them, can I send them somewhere to be posted?

I remember making some healers and I needed a few more orgos.
    Carpe DM

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That was a fellow named Manni. His cards were excellent. I believe Ian has mirrors of them on his website.

The site I found via Google has a few of them, but I know he had a schwack more on a different site.

This ought to get you started though:
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/6396....html#Submarine
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the rest of those cards as I designed the stats for the units.

You can download them from http://users.chariot.net.au/~hoss/war/

I'll leave them up there for a while yet so grab them if you want them.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This site used to have some as well, but not sure if it still works or not.
    http://serwer.dedicate.pl/~whitenet/sub/ks...rthright/cards/
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, since I don't really use warcards I'd forgotten I'd written up examples of warcards for a few of the awnsheghlien descriptions I've posted when the awnshegh in question constitutes its own unit at the large scale combat level. Actually, at least two of these have not yet been posted for the BR community. I've mentioned one of them before, the Waste Worm, but I've decided to change his stats a bit, so I never bothered posting him. The warcard for the ship, the Scarlet Lady, is for another awnshegh called Brimwylf whose stats are not yet finished.

In any case, I like artwork, so there are background graphics for the cards themselves that are from various artists in the public domain. If one wants to use them as a basis for other warcards using whatever graphic/stats one wants.

Here's the file in Word format so anyone who'd like can modify them. For those not familiar with using the text box aspect of Word:

If you have a graphic that you want to use (or just want to get rid of the ones that I used) you can click on the warcard itself.

Either double click on the border of the box or right click on the border and go to "Format Text Box" to get into the "Format Text Box" screen.

In the "Colors and Lines" tab of that screen there's a box with a drop-down arrow for "Fill with Color."

To turn off the graphic click that drop-down arrow and set the fill effect to "no fill."

To insert a new graphic click on that drop-down arrow and go to "Fill Effects" to open that screen.

In the "Picture" tab of the "Fill Effects" screen you can click the "Select Picture" button if you want a new graphic and then browse to the location of that graphic on your computer.

Modifying the text itself is pretty simple; just click inside the text box and edit them as you like. If you're not familiar with text boxes it can be a bit of a snaggle, since its not the most elegant interface ever invented but it shouldn't pose too much trouble.

Gary

Thread Information