View Poll Results: Should Chap 1 be sanctioned?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Yes

20 76.92%
  • 2. No

6 23.08%
  • 3. Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All right let's see if we can wrap this up now. I think we've finally got it down. Please if there are any editorials/typos let me know - they can be fixed without any additional voting.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the pdf version.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the word version.
    Duane Eggert

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All looking good to me.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Urgoshes, not Urgroshes.
    The dodge bonus should be +4, not +2, right?

Otherwise seems OK...

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks okay, for the most part.

One thing that sticks out a bit is that I don't see why anyone would want to play a paladin of Nesirie in its current form.
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing that sticks out a bit is that I don't see why anyone would want to play a paladin of Nesirie in its current form.
    Yeah...I gave up on complaining about that...a straight cleric would kick the paladin's butt. I once suggested allowing paladins of Neserie to multiclass as clerics [which is in Ch 1], and allowing their caster levels to stack [not included in BRCS, but what I will use IMC].

I think the Paladin of Cuiraecen class is pretty cool. I used it for a high level Fhyllie the Sword IMC, and liked the results. The bonus feats plus paladin abilites really do a good job of conveying that militant warrior feel the class should have. Good work on that.

Overall I think Chapter 1 looks pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some suggestions:

I personally consider BR a High-fantasy campaign when it comes to regents and would suggest giving regents a 32 point buy for those characters.

Change the terminology of regional background skills to cultural background skills because elsewhere the different types of humans are always referenced as a race or culture.

Regional feat mechanics were changed in 3.5 for the official game settings but has not been changed for BR. Was this a choice of the BR developpers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Urgoshes, not Urgroshes.

Per the PHB it is urgrosh

The dodge bonus should be +4, not +2, right?
    What is this in reference to?
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally consider BR a High-fantasy campaign when it comes to regents and would suggest giving regents a 32 point buy for those characters.
    The rules don't make any distinction betwen a regent and a non-regent at character creation, nor should they. Regents can gain extra benefits, but these are tied into scion class levels with some other variant rules specified in Chap 8. It was decided when putting this together to avoid the highest campaign design as a norm and instead to go with the tougher campaign as the norm. As the DM it is your call to change the amount of points allowed or to use any ability generation system you so desire (rule 0 as it is commonly referred to). The one thing that should be kept is that all ability scores are generated at the same time, that is to include the initial score that determines a scion's bloodline strength score at the same time (part of that balance thing).

Change the terminology of regional background skills to cultural background skills because elsewhere the different types of humans are always referenced as a race or culture.

Good point and I consider this an editorial so it will require no additional vote, as long as the terminology is consistent.

Regional feat mechanics were changed in 3.5 for the official game settings but has not been changed for BR. Was this a choice of the BR developpers?
    Yes.
    We weren't going to continue chasing the other campaigns. I personnally don't play any Forgotten Realms games and am not going to keep on buying them just to see what is going on there - I only have a finite amount of money (just ask my wife). The method used is consistent with Wheel of Time which was a lot closer to the model used at development and the cultural/regional skill system was modified from the Wheel of Time system basically because it seemed awful harsh to limit it to a single skill with 4 ranks (all of a human's initial bonus) and have that single skill be a class skill. The concept used seemed to be more agreeable to the masses with not as many restrictions and allowed the carry over of the cultural (i.e. human race) characteristics of the 2nd ed game.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information