Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been playing around with the Neverwinter Nights game for a few years now and have even tried to make a few worlds. I have never attempted to make the Birthright world or any part of it however, always hoping someone else would do so. Now I find myself determined to see it happen and hope to find some like minded people here. First... let me explain to those who do not know what Neverwinter Nights is.

Neverwinter Nights, or NWN for short, is a computer RPG that also includes a tool set with which to build your own world/module, a set of DM (Dungeon Master) tools for actually logging into the game as it is hosted to act as a Dungeon Master, and the ability to host somewhere around 100 players. Realistically however the number is generally much less to avoid lag concerns. To get around this some worlds use multiple servers which are linked together. With Birthright anyone who undertook trying to do a large portion of it would have to spread it over several servers as well most likely.

I have wanted to create a NWN world for people to play in that was always like Birthright. Unfortunately my scripting skills (needed to put in your own custom rules, similar to C or C++) are meager and I have always been too intimidated to try to make Birthright work with NWN, again hoping someone else one day would. To date, no one seems to have tried and I find this rather sad as I consider Birthright one of the best campaign settings due to how epic the campaign truly can be.

In my spare time I intend to work on laying the groundwork for the module focusing on those things I do know how to do well. Further, I am willing to spearhead organizing a team to work on this or support someone else within this community who has more clout than I and would wish to make this happen.

In addition to creating a module using NWN for Birthright this seems to me a good way to write up and test custom rules for 3rd ed to be sumbitted to this community. So in addition to creating an online graphical game of Birthright using the NWN engine, we'd be pushing the Birthright project ahead as well.

If you are interested, please let me know here and e-mail me as well if you wish at: grey_bishop@yahoo.com letting me know how you would like to help. A project of this nature will require many different people with many different talents. To help I shall list a few types of jobs I see being needed for this. This is obviously an incomplete list as a project of this scope will require many mixed talents as well as including things I have likely not even considered.

Scripters - Those familiar with programming (C or anything similar). The NWN toolset allows scripting using a language those familiar with any of the C languages will be familiar with. It is referenced as a simplified version of C.

Writers - People to help write up dialogue and flavor text for the module. Every character (NPC) will likely have something say. There is the ability to place books within the game world which would need text to read. Items, creatures, objects would have descriptions.

Alpha Testers - To log in and test specific features in an uncompleted build. There will eventually be a beta in which the game is rough but nearly complete. The Alpha Tests however represent a need to test very specific components of what will later be a whole module (though in need of further testing).

Builders - Those familiar with the toolset (or willing to become such) to build the world, create the characters (NPC), items and other details of the world within the toolset

In later phases of the project Beta Testers, Dungeon Masters, Admin, etc. will all be needed. If any of these hold interest to you please e-mail me with your name (log in name here is fine) and particular interest. Once we reach the beta stage, we will contact you. I will also try to update information on this project here at br.net.

This will be quite impossible for me alone so I hope others who appreciate and enjoy this setting, would like to see it brought to life as a game that players could log into and play in real time, or whatever motivates them to do so, step forward and offer some help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Admin/Dev for this site:

If this sort of thing should not be here please let me know. I will remove it if it is not wanted. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There used to be a specific BR NwN forum on this site, and there have been some tries to create a BR nwn module, but all ended up dead unfortunately.

If you are looking for these threads i suggest you look into the "midnight cauldron" forum.

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Looked at them, acquired bearcat's module and scripts. Also found the birthright nwn guild forum which seems very dead sadly. Anyway, hoping to revive the project and/or start a new one. A NWN Birthright is something that needs to happen. :angry:

Heh. Honestly, I've never sat down and wanted to do it as I always believed someone else would. Seeing as it has never happened... I'm willing to throw in and try to make it happen. We'll see I suppose. Definitely can't do this alone.

Will keep looking and e-mailing. See whether the hornet's nest is empty or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beginning a campaign based in the Eastern Marches of Anuire with a focus on Coernays. Players will play adventurers and lieutenants with some players permitted to take the role of the areas available realms and domains. It will be set up like a traditional module allowing players to simply run around exploring and adventuring while being able to role play but affected by the decisions and politics of the realms and domains in play.

The game will eventually come to a close and ideally I will expand the setting out a 'layer' of domains and a new game would begin. Each new game would slowly expand the module to include the whole of Anuire.

The module uses the CEP and the first game is set for March 19. The domain turns would be turned in every third Saturday of the month. Later with more volunteers to help organize and run the domain turns, add updates to the module/server, etc these turns may be able to occur more quickly.

The server will be put up every Saturday with the first Saturday of the month being for major events pertaining to the realm actions turned in every third Saturday.

As opposed to making it a persistent world the server will be up every Saturday for a set period of time. Hopefully the game will attract more builders, scripters, players, DMs, and so on to eventually allow for the ideal NWN Birthright set up that can be up 24/7 with game turns able to be turned in much more often.

So if you are interested in playing, DMing, scripting, module building or anything you can offer to help this project really get going, please post it here, e-mail me at grey_bishop@yahoo.com or simply start looking for the Birthright server through NWN multiplayer every Saturday starting March 19. The password will be anuire.

DeLaY_LaMeR
    hi!
    i´d like to help you with the module. i´m a good area designer and dialogue writer and can do some amount of scripting. i doubt that i´ll be able to play on your server, because i live in germany and saturday is the pen and paper day.
    nonetheless i´d be willing to build some areas or npcs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    About a year ago I did TONS with nwn, including a lot of in-depth scripting for the City of Arabel persistent NWN world. I don't have the time to spear-head any sort of Birthright NWN thing, but I'm very happy to help out.

I've sent you an email with my email and such, I'm very interested in where this project is and what I can do to help.

My strengths are definitely in the NWN Aurora scripting area, and I'm currently running two birthright campaigns, one of which is e-mail only and I think could benefit greatly from this.

-Wally

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe I got your e-mail dunsel. I have a PW head and his scripting team wanting to help on this as well. Let's see if that pans out.

DeLaY_LaMeR:

The Saturday thing is a temporary thing to try and have a day for the developers and anyone interested to play and help test things out. We definitely intend to put this thing 24/7 at a later date. The areas are mostly done at present but need some more artistic touch ups. We have created a myriad of creatures as well and with CEP believe we have found some viable Cerilean goblin models (after a little playing around).

Dunsel is working on scripting the Bloodline rules and Sub-Races right now. The Anarth PW team will be helping as well hopefully. I have a developer working on setting appropriate items and creatures. I have been working on the base areas and dialogue as well as major NPCs.

We do however need a few areas still. We need to work in a set of goblin caverns and an outlaw camp if you want to try creating those for us? We use HotU & CEP so make sure to grab that. I would be glad to have someone work on some dialogues as well. I can send you the major NPC concepts and let you throw something together. Please send me your e-mail.

grey_bishop@yahoo.com

I am beginning a mailing group for the developers of this project. Dunsel, the Anarth PW team, myself and one other developer. The more help we get on this the more likely we are to be able to toss this up as a 24/7 Persistent Setting. I'm setting aside the money and if we get a good module together I will buy a very nifty server to host it. I want to see Birthright succeed in NWN that much! B)

Thread Information