I have been playing around with the Neverwinter Nights game for a few years now and have even tried to make a few worlds. I have never attempted to make the Birthright world or any part of it however, always hoping someone else would do so. Now I find myself determined to see it happen and hope to find some like minded people here. First... let me explain to those who do not know what Neverwinter Nights is.

Neverwinter Nights, or NWN for short, is a computer RPG that also includes a tool set with which to build your own world/module, a set of DM (Dungeon Master) tools for actually logging into the game as it is hosted to act as a Dungeon Master, and the ability to host somewhere around 100 players. Realistically however the number is generally much less to avoid lag concerns. To get around this some worlds use multiple servers which are linked together. With Birthright anyone who undertook trying to do a large portion of it would have to spread it over several servers as well most likely.

I have wanted to create a NWN world for people to play in that was always like Birthright. Unfortunately my scripting skills (needed to put in your own custom rules, similar to C or C++) are meager and I have always been too intimidated to try to make Birthright work with NWN, again hoping someone else one day would. To date, no one seems to have tried and I find this rather sad as I consider Birthright one of the best campaign settings due to how epic the campaign truly can be.

In my spare time I intend to work on laying the groundwork for the module focusing on those things I do know how to do well. Further, I am willing to spearhead organizing a team to work on this or support someone else within this community who has more clout than I and would wish to make this happen.

In addition to creating a module using NWN for Birthright this seems to me a good way to write up and test custom rules for 3rd ed to be sumbitted to this community. So in addition to creating an online graphical game of Birthright using the NWN engine, we'd be pushing the Birthright project ahead as well.

If you are interested, please let me know here and e-mail me as well if you wish at: grey_bishop@yahoo.com letting me know how you would like to help. A project of this nature will require many different people with many different talents. To help I shall list a few types of jobs I see being needed for this. This is obviously an incomplete list as a project of this scope will require many mixed talents as well as including things I have likely not even considered.

Scripters - Those familiar with programming (C or anything similar). The NWN toolset allows scripting using a language those familiar with any of the C languages will be familiar with. It is referenced as a simplified version of C.

Writers - People to help write up dialogue and flavor text for the module. Every character (NPC) will likely have something say. There is the ability to place books within the game world which would need text to read. Items, creatures, objects would have descriptions.

Alpha Testers - To log in and test specific features in an uncompleted build. There will eventually be a beta in which the game is rough but nearly complete. The Alpha Tests however represent a need to test very specific components of what will later be a whole module (though in need of further testing).

Builders - Those familiar with the toolset (or willing to become such) to build the world, create the characters (NPC), items and other details of the world within the toolset

In later phases of the project Beta Testers, Dungeon Masters, Admin, etc. will all be needed. If any of these hold interest to you please e-mail me with your name (log in name here is fine) and particular interest. Once we reach the beta stage, we will contact you. I will also try to update information on this project here at br.net.

This will be quite impossible for me alone so I hope others who appreciate and enjoy this setting, would like to see it brought to life as a game that players could log into and play in real time, or whatever motivates them to do so, step forward and offer some help.